Sentient Rabbits Gaming Society presents...

Hash

Mongoose
Hi folks,

There is a stickied thread but I am reliably informed by Burger that most people ignore stickied threads for some reason :cry:

The Sentient Rabbits Gaming Society is running, "Conflicts of Interest" - A 5 point Raid tournament using the Armageddon rule set.

The event will be held on the 17th March 2007 in Aldershot, Hampshire, UK. You can click on the location link in my sig below (and to the right of the page) for map details and the rest of site contains information on how the tournament will be run.

If you haven't already PLEASE let me know if you are coming so I can properly plan for tables, refreshments etc.

Schedule
Registration beings at 09:30 Hrs - the rest of the day is split into 4 games (each 1hr 45mins long) separated by breaks (and lunch!) as follows:

Registration - Starts @ 09:30 - Finishes 09:45
Game 1 - Starts @ 09:45 - Finishes 11:30
Break (15 minutes - can be used to finish turn in a game)
Game 2 - Starts @ 11:45 - Finishes 13:30
Lunch (30 minutes - not much time sorry about that!)
Game 3 - Starts @ 14:00 - Finishes 15:45
Game 4 - Starts @ 16:00 - Finishes 17:45
Prize Giving - Starts @ 18:00 - Finishes 18:30

What do I need to bring?
Each player needs to make a 5 point Raid Fleet using the ACTA Armageddon rule-set which is the latest sourcebook for ACTA available from Mongoose. They should also bring the following:

Entry Fee - This is priced at £5.00 to cover hall hire and prize support (and dare I say it refreshments) this may be paid on entry. This tournament is a non-profit event and excess monies will be returned.
Fleet Roster - A sheet of paper that details the selection of ships you will be using for the tournament. This should be submitted to myself at registration.
Fleet - You should have a miniature (full size or fleet action scale) or reasonable counter (such as those in the ACTA box set) to represent each of the ships your fleet. Poker chips do not count :)
Ship Record Sheets - You should have a simple and reliable way of noting down what happens to your ships during the game - there are several excellent ship viewers that provide sheets for this purpose.
Cash / Packed Lunch - You don't want to starve! Aldershot has shops and fast-food outlets nearby or you can bring your own packed lunch. Please be tidy though and ensure that any waste is safely disposed of.

Special Rules
The tournament specific rules and scenario set-up are detailed on the website - there are a few!

Prize Support:
We're still organising specific prize support for the tournament but there will exist prizes for 1st to 3rd place with a special bonus (mystery!) prize for last place. If we can manage it we will also have an award for Best Looking Fleet (whether that be for painting, fleet selection, model conversion or whatever).

The following have confirmed their intention to take part by PM, post, or in person:

Hammer of Ulric, Dilgar, Confirmed
Reaverman, ???, Confirmed
Burger, ???, Confirmed
TGT, Minbari, Confirmed
Triggy, ???, Confirmed
Tank, ???, Confirmed
Adam, ???, Confirmed

The following have indicated interest:

Alexb83, ???, Tentative
Digger, ???, Tentative
Captain Kremmen, ???, Tentative
Locutus, ???, Tentative
Katadder, ???, Tentative
Hiffano, ???, Tentative
Court Jester, ???, Tentative

Can you please confirm to me (by PM or post on this thread) if you are definitely intending to attend? Many thanks...not too late for others to join in!

Baring major issues, I will be bringing my Drakh to the event, although the missis is a bit miffed that I'm gonna get up at 5, and wake her for a goodbye kiss ;-). I have reavers mobile no, so if I get caught in traffic, or end up in a ditch, i can ring him

The following have confirmed their intention to take part by PM, post, or in person:

Burger, ???, Confirmed
TGT, Minbari, Confirmed
Triggy, ???, Confirmed
Tank, ???, Confirmed
Adam, ???, Confirmed
Hiffano, Drakh, Confirmed

Alexb83, ???, Tentative
Digger, ???, Tentative
Locutus, ???, Tentative
Katadder, ???, Tentative

Can you please confirm to me (by PM or post on this thread) if you are definitely intending to attend? Many thanks...not too late for others to join in!

*Bump* - if you've indicated prior interest please confirm attendance (or not) at your earliest convenience.

Note on the prizes front - we *may* have something quite interesting courtesy of Mongoose...stay tuned!

Me either, unfortunately - 'tis my better half's birthday on the 15th, so we may be down in Devon for the week.

advert.jpg

Burger, ???, Confirmed
TGT, Minbari, Confirmed
Triggy, ???, Confirmed
Tank, ???, Confirmed
Adam, ???, Confirmed
Digger, ???, Confirmed

Katadder, ???, Tentative

prelude_to_war said:
I propose 1st place winner here plays first place winner at the Chicago Tourney on the 3rd.

Have fun everyone!
If that were the prize (including flights) I'd be up for it :)

Hash - My fleet will be Pak'ma'ra, just putting together an order with Dancing Dryad at the moment :D

Triggy, I can bring some Ikortas and Haliks if you need them for your fleet at all, i'm afraid however they are not the vomit yellow of the ones on the site ;-)

Cheers, but as you suggest (in a roundabout way) they wouldn't be matched up to the rest of the fleet. At this moment I have a jade and bronze colour scheme in mind. Mind you, I'm still just assembling my EA fleet for use this Saturday so that may tell you something about how long I leave to prepare! :shock:

advert.jpg

TGT, Minbari, Confirmed
Triggy, Pak'ma'ra, Confirmed
Court Jester, Minbari, Confirmed
Burger, ???, Confirmed
Tank, ???, Confirmed
Adam, ???, Confirmed
Digger, ???, Confirmed

Katadder, ???, Tentative

Prelude - we need to arrange a transatlantic tournament...the card players do it! ;)

Triggy said:
Cheers, but as you suggest (in a roundabout way) they wouldn't be matched up to the rest of the fleet. At this moment I have a jade and bronze colour scheme in mind. Mind you, I'm still just assembling my EA fleet for use this Saturday so that may tell you something about how long I leave to prepare! :shock:

well the offer is their in case you have any problems oredring yours :)

Back