Ruins of Hyboria & Tito's trading post

René

Banded Mongoose
These are two new announcements - at last the "Ruins" project was suggested by posters of this forum.

Tito's = equipment guide?

Additionally Faiths & Fervour is listed.

Trading post

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1128&qsSeries=7

Stygia

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1140&qsSeries=7

Ruins Of Hyboria

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1144&qsSeries=7

It is great that Mongoose reads the forum and take wishes and desires into consideration. hurrah to Mongoose.
Now you understand why I posted a poll for the boxed set Conan and the shadow of the sorcerer. :wink:

Thanks foxworthy!
How do you guys find this stuff; is there an announcement-place that I'm not aware of, or do you just do a general search for 'Conan' on the site?

The King said:
It is great that Mongoose reads the forum and take wishes and desires into consideration. hurrah to Mongoose.
Now you understand why I posted a poll for the boxed set Conan and the shadow of the sorcerer. :wink:

Let's keep hoping!

René said:
The King said:

Let's keep hoping!
like a kangaroo. :shock: :lol:

Tito? :?: As in Michael Jackson's brother/father/whatever Tito? :?: :!:

Who the hell came up with that name? Is this replacing the Conan: Arms & Armour guide that was listed for next year by Vincent Darlage?

Bregales said:
Tito? :?: As in Michael Jackson's brother/father/whatever Tito? :?: :!:

Who the hell came up with that name? Is this replacing the Conan: Arms & Armour guide that was listed for next year by Vincent Darlage?

Tito as in the Argossean merchant whose ship Conan jumped on in Queen of the Black Coast. Robert E. Howard came up with the name when he wrote the aforementioned story. Yes, it is the Arms & Armour guide.

VincentDarlage said:
Tito as in the Argossean merchant whose ship Conan jumped on in Queen of the Black Coast. Robert E. Howard came up with the name when he wrote the aforementioned story. Yes, it is the Arms & Armour guide.
Thanks. I figured that was the reference, but the title just sort of put me in a wierd mood. I had done a search for the Arms & Armor and couldn't find it. Hope the guide lasts longer than the merchant did! :lol:

It should, although I'd pretty much prefer some detailed pictures of weapons and (especially) armour, a look at the hyborian heraldry and armour ornaments plus a chapter on the nature of creating and using arms'n'armour in real life (ok, I know you can't wear a chainmail over a naked chest, but I bet there's more stuff that a mere mortal like myself is not aware of). I would drop any additional rules, as I think they would only slow the game down without making it more fun to play. In other words, I'd go for fluff + heraldry and ornaments + lots and lots of cool detailed pictures, but that's just my 3 grosze (3 cents if you don't know what a 'grosz' is ;) ).

The King said:

I´m actually quite happy to see Ruins Of Hyboria as a future release. I was the one that made the suggestion of having a book about ruins and lost cities in the What Should Mongoose Publish Next forum. Unless Mongoose already had plans to make this sourcebook before my suggestion, then it is very cool to see that Mongoose listens to its customers.

Padre said:
It should, although I'd pretty much prefer a look at the hyborian heraldry and armour ornaments.

Hyborian heraldry was presented somewhat in Conan: The Free Companies. To get more precise than that would be cumbersome - as it would entail detailing most of the royal and noble families of the Hyborian age and their individual coats of arms.

VincentDarlage said:
Padre said:
It should, although I'd pretty much prefer a look at the hyborian heraldry and armour ornaments.

Hyborian heraldry was presented somewhat in Conan: The Free Companies. To get more precise than that would be cumbersome - as it would entail detailing most of the royal and noble families of the Hyborian age and their individual coats of arms.

My coats always have 2 arms. :D

VincentDarlage said:
Padre said:

It's absolutely fine with me that the CONAN rpg doesn't go into every detail. My long year favourite German rpg did so and it got a burden; maybe I'm not that mature enough to alter the gameworld at my will.
An only roughly sketched world like the Hyborian Age gives much more room to the GM.

Well, I have to admit - heraldry would be too much trouble. What about pictures of region-specific clothing, ornaments and so on?

Well, from what I've read in these forums about pictures in general, the author doesn't have direct input in most cases with the author. I don't know how that worked with the original book, but the author can describe what he wants and give it to the artist, but it seems that the publishers (Mongoose) decide what gets incorporated and what doesn't, and that the author usually doesn't see the product until it's been released, or maybe just before. I'm guessing the author doesn't even know what art or pictures, if any will be put into a game book, unless/maybe he makes suggestions in his proposal outline to the publishers.

Hope I got this somewhat correct! :oops:

Back