Quick Questions

ryhopewood

Mongoose
Hi all,

Still working on the spreadsheet :D

A couple of questions for the rule gurus:

(1) Am I reading AE right when it says that Zingarans have no bonus languages?

(2) On the Nobel Regional Features table on page 47, there doesn't appear to be any regions representing the northern kingdoms such as Hyperborea, Vanaheim, or Asgard (and Cimmeria if you don't assume Hyborian)? Is the assumption that nobles don't come from these countries or should I apply another region to it?

Regards,

Ian

1. This is an omission in the AE. The bonus languages are in the original book. They are: Argossean, Pictish, Aquilonian, Shemitish, Ophirean.

2. Cimmerians, Nordheimir and several other races have Noble as a prohibited class. This means they can't be Nobles at level 1. They may still take levels of noble later, if the opportunity presents itself. Maybe Mongoose will give regional features to these races in a future FAQ/errata download. The Hyperborean is a Hyborian subrace, and should get the Hyborian regional features.

#2- Maybe the intention is for the northerners to take the regional feature of the nation/region where they became nobles ? Just a thought.

SS

sanseveria said:
#2- Maybe the intention is for the northerners to take the regional feature of the nation/region where they became nobles ? Just a thought.

That's what I thought as well.

Sounds eminently sensible to me!

By extension, the same should apply to any character who becomes en-nobled in a country other than his own.

EG An Aquilonian soldier, with no experience of the lifestyle of the rich and famous of his own country, who gets "knighted" in Vendyha should get the reginal features of Vendhya rather than Aquilonia IMO.

Back