Question about the Shadow Agent

Diafanus

Mongoose
At 3rd,5th and 8th levels, the Shadow Agent is 'Never Alone' and is accompanied by one or more Shadows or their other servants and agents. It says the Shadow will advise and defend the Shadow Agent, but we never really see this in the show. My question is to what extent will said Shadows defend the Agent? Cleary they can't move in the open before the Shadow war begins, and having such a body guard is a powerful boon indeed, especially for a lower level Agent. So, will said Shadow simply stand in the way of an incoming attack to protect the Agent, or can the Agent request a retalliation in response?
 

Greg Smith

Mongoose
We do see Morden's Shadows move to protect him, just before Londo has them shot, IIRC.

Morden's shadows also engage in an agressive encounter with Kosh in 'Signs & Portents'.

However, I would say that exactly how the Shadows react would be up to the GM.
 

EricRoss

Mongoose
I was wondering...if a player had a shadow agent character, could they continue to gain levels in the PrC by serving the Drakh after the end of the shadow war?
 

Waylander.

Mongoose
Greg Smith said:
We do see Morden's Shadows move to protect him, just before Londo has them shot, IIRC.

Morden's shadows also engage in an agressive encounter with Kosh in 'Signs & Portents'.

However, I would say that exactly how the Shadows react would be up to the GM.
it is the kinf of thing which let me say that this vorlon armor for disguise is a joke since the shadow knows that Kosh is a vorlon no ?
 

Greg Smith

Mongoose
Faenril said:
it is the kinf of thing which let me say that this vorlon armor for disguise is a joke since the shadow knows that Kosh is a vorlon no ?

The Vorlons were hiding their true form from the lesser races. So that the lesser races wouldn't know the Vorlons had posed as angels and gods to manipulate them. And so the Vorlons didn't get mobbed by a horde of religious nutters. ("Did you see Droshalla?")
 

Waylander.

Mongoose
Greg Smith said:
Faenril said:
it is the kinf of thing which let me say that this vorlon armor for disguise is a joke since the shadow knows that Kosh is a vorlon no ?

The Vorlons were hiding their true form from the lesser races. So that the lesser races wouldn't know the Vorlons had posed as angels and gods to manipulate them. And so the Vorlons didn't get mobbed by a horde of religious nutters. ("Did you see Droshalla?")
of course yes but that is not the reason Kosh and Delenn told the others during season 2 :wink:
 

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Faenril said:
Greg Smith said:
Faenril said:
it is the kinf of thing which let me say that this vorlon armor for disguise is a joke since the shadow knows that Kosh is a vorlon no ?

The Vorlons were hiding their true form from the lesser races. So that the lesser races wouldn't know the Vorlons had posed as angels and gods to manipulate them. And so the Vorlons didn't get mobbed by a horde of religious nutters. ("Did you see Droshalla?")
of course yes but that is not the reason Kosh and Delenn told the others during season 2 :wink:

It kind of is. They say Kosh has to stay hidden or he will be recognised by "Everybody". They would recognise him as their gods/angels/holy figures, just like at the end of Season 2.

LBH
 

Hellhawk

Mongoose
Faënril said:
of course yes but that is not the reason Kosh and Delenn told the others during season 2 :wink:

Then again, the Vorlons never tell anybody the WHOLE truth...

Rainer
 

sigma957

Mongoose
that and the shadows do advise morden on some occasions when you hear that wierd buzz of the shadows they are giving morden new instructions, such as when he is in the cell when sheridan goes nuts in second season,

i always took it that the vorlons were hiding from the lesser races so the shadows would say 'see they arnt making them form an army against us YET they are waiting we got the drop on them'
 

Mongoose Gar

Mongoose
Plus, Vorlon encounter suits hides the Vorlons from the Shadows' older spies and agents. Presumably, that Shadow Soldier thing from (IIRC) a Distant Star wouldn't have recognised Kosh as a Vorlon.
 

frobisher

Mongoose
Mongoose Gar said:
Plus, Vorlon encounter suits hides the Vorlons from the Shadows' older spies and agents. Presumably, that Shadow Soldier thing from (IIRC) a Distant Star wouldn't have recognised Kosh as a Vorlon.

It probably would have given the similarity of the Encounter Suits from the previous war...
 

tenabrae

Mongoose
Morden doesn't go to ask Kosh 'what he wants', Kosh "encounters" him in a corridor, this implies Morden knows what Kosh is, or was at least told to avoid him.
 

frobisher

Mongoose
tenabrae said:
Morden doesn't go to ask Kosh 'what he wants', Kosh "encounters" him in a corridor, this implies Morden knows what Kosh is, or was at least told to avoid him.

My memory might be faulty here, but didn't he also avoid Kosh earlier in the episode..?
 

Mongoose Si

Mongoose
frobisher said:
My memory might be faulty here, but didn't he also avoid Kosh earlier in the episode..?

Yes, I'm pretty sure he does avoid him earlier as well. When Kosh confronts him I think it catches Morden a little off guard
 

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Ghost Dancer said:
frobisher said:
My memory might be faulty here, but didn't he also avoid Kosh earlier in the episode..?

Yes, I'm pretty sure he does avoid him earlier as well. When Kosh confronts him I think it catches Morden a little off guard

Yes, Morden does deliberately avoid Kosh earlier in that episode, but Kosh encounters (pardon the pun) Morden later, and I always got the impression it was deliberate.

LBH
 
Top