Question about commoner skill points

Turim

Mongoose
On page 295 it says that commoners get 3 + Int skill points. Is this a typo? I always thought it was kind of an unofficial rule to use even numbers for skill points. And the commoner from standard D&D only gets 2 + Int.

I'd guess this was another accidental holdover from the SRD. In D20 Modern, for example, characters get odd-numbered skill points.

It may be because in D&D humans get +1 skill points per level. Since all characters in Conan are human, all commoners would therefore get 3 skill points per level. That might also be why d20 Modern characters get an odd number, since they are presumably human as well.

DrSkull said:
It may be because in D&D humans get +1 skill points per level. Since all characters in Conan are human, all commoners would therefore get 3 skill points per level. That might also be why d20 Modern characters get an odd number, since they are presumably human as well.
But if you use that reason, then we arrive at the conclusion that Conan Soldiers are learning-disabled, since they only get 2+INT per level.

Iron_Chef said:
InsomNY said:
Conan Soldiers are learning-disabled, since they only get 2+INT per level.

That's because most intelligent people are smart enough not to join the army. :p
Ya know, I was thinking of putting some clever comment in there regarding the brainpower of the typical grunt, but I didn't want to sound all unpatriotic. :roll: *sigh* Well, I suppose sometimes I must be content to provide straight lines to others.

Back