Primus - Ship Plans: Size?

B5Temple

Mongoose
I was thinking about getting the supplement on the Primus for the RPG. Can anyone tell me how big the double-sided poster is? I was wondering if it's in scale with the miniatures.

lastbesthope said:
I'm not sure I understand the question.

The Ship plans give you the layout of the decks on the ship.

LBH

I think B5Temple wants to lay out the ship plans and then move the minis around on top of it, if the scale was large enough to do so. Then B5Temple wouldn't need to transfer the plans over to the table top for the minis.

Kizarvexis

Ahh, of course.

Sorry, been spending too long on the ACTA gorums, thought you meant ship minis.

I can't speak for the Primus plans as they're not out yet, but the Hyperion and G'Quan plans are not large enough to use as floor maps for 25 mm minis in an RPG session.

I hope that answers your question.

Sorry for my stupidity, I'm having a lot of brainfarts at the moment.

LBH

given the size of teh hyperion plans and the g'quan plans I wouldn't expect the primus plans to be to rpg scale. the ships are far, far too big for that.

The hyperion is just over a kilometer long at 1025 meters (according to book 2 fleet lists, non-revised)
that would be 3362 feet, 672 5' squares, or 56 actual feet in length.
the primus would not be quite as long, (at 738 meters) but I think you see where I'm going...

to mongoose, I really like this series of ships, I'd like to recommend an Omega, Nova, Asimov liner, and sharlin ship plan series as well!
Chernobyl

Chernobyl said:
given the size of teh hyperion plans and the g'quan plans I wouldn't expect the primus plans to be to rpg scale. the ships are far, far too big for that.

The hyperion is just over a kilometer long at 1025 meters (according to book 2 fleet lists, non-revised)
that would be 3362 feet, 672 5' squares, or 56 actual feet in length.
the primus would not be quite as long, (at 738 meters) but I think you see where I'm going...

to mongoose, I really like this series of ships, I'd like to recommend an Omega, Nova, Asimov liner, and sharlin ship plan series as well!
Chernobyl

At LEGO scale, a Hyperion Cruiser is 76.4 feet long! I would really like to do B5 ships in LEGO scale, but at those lengths, it would be too much $$. :)

Kizarvexis

Kizarvexis said:
At LEGO scale, a Hyperion Cruiser is 76.4 feet long! I would really like to do B5 ships in LEGO scale, but at those lengths, it would be too much $$. :)

Kizarvexis

What is Lego Scale, I mean I know it's different from Duplo scale, but what size ratio are we talking?

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Kizarvexis said:

Kizarvexis

What is Lego Scale, I mean I know it's different from Duplo scale, but what size ratio are we talking?

LBH

I calc'd it using a LEGO minifig. I put the minifig at a scale 6'.

Kizarvexis

Kizarvexis said:

Kizarvexis

So how tall's a minifig? I'm an engineer goddamnit, I can do anything so long as I get the right numbers :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Kizarvexis said:

Kizarvexis

So how tall's a minifig? I'm an engineer goddamnit, I can do anything so long as I get the right numbers :lol:

LBH

Sorry, got distracted. They are 43 mm tall. An EA Atmospheric shuttle, like the one Ivanova took to Epsilon 3, would be 29.75 inches long.

Kizarvexis

lastbesthope said:
So approx 1:42.5 scale so by those numbers the Shuttle would be about 105 feet long.

LBH

Huh? As I understand it the Atmospheric Shuttle is about 32 meters long, which would be around 100 feet long. If you took the 'real life' size of the shuttle and made it to scale for a LEGO minifig, so that the LEGO shuttle would be the same size compared to the minifig as the 'real life' shuttle would be to Sinclair and Garibaldi, then the LEGO EA Shuttle would be 29.75 inches long.

Think of pretending that a minifig is man-sized and making B5 ships out of LEGO so that they are to scale with the minifig.

Kizarvexis

BTW, what do you think of the Quick Ref sheets in the Character Sheet Update thread?

lastbesthope said:
I can't speak for the Primus plans as they're not out yet, but the Hyperion and G'Quan plans are not large enough to use as floor maps for 25 mm minis in an RPG session.

I hope that answers your question.

LBH
That's what I meant...thanks. I didn't expect the entire ship to be in scale with 28mm figures, but I thought it might include some areas like the bridge, sick bay, etc. I guess I'll just enlarge those areas from the map or maybe create my own in Illustrator. :D

temple - I've been thinking of doing something along those lines using the ship plan downloads in PDF form. anybody know how good the resolution is on the maps?

Chern

Chernobyl said:
temple - I've been thinking of doing something along those lines using the ship plan downloads in PDF form. anybody know how good the resolution is on the maps?

Chern

That would be a LOT of pdfs, if the Hyperion would be 56 scale feet long.

Kizarvexis

Chernobyl said:
obviously I'd limit myself to important areas... :lol:
That's what I was thinking. It's not like I'd want to print out "Security Closet B" and the restrooms. Most of the time, characters would take the lifts to their destinations, so the long hallways aren't necessary. It would be cool to incorporate the new minis into the game and have a nice floorplan for them to stand on.

Kizarvexis said:
lastbesthope said:
So approx 1:42.5 scale so by those numbers the Shuttle would be about 105 feet long.

LBH

Huh? As I understand it the Atmospheric Shuttle is about 32 meters long, which would be around 100 feet long. If you took the 'real life' size of the shuttle and made it to scale for a LEGO minifig, so that the LEGO shuttle would be the same size compared to the minifig as the 'real life' shuttle would be to Sinclair and Garibaldi, then the LEGO EA Shuttle would be 29.75 inches long.

That was my point, I was calculating the 'real' size of the shuttle from the information you had given me on it's 'scale' size and what the scale was.

Nice to know we get roughly the same answer :lol:

LBH

Back