<=* NEW MONGOOSE INFANTRY & TROOPER SEARCH (Jul 8th '13) *=>

Lincolnlog said:
Okay, sorry off the soap box......I really do love this game, and will play probably in the hospital on my death bed. But hard to be positive in generating converts with the US costomer service issues, and price increases (which wouldn't probably be neccessary if every order didn't end up being multiple mailings).
Honestly, validity of your comments aside, this is NOT the thread for them. This is for recruiting MI, not airing grievances about how the game is doing not doing problems with parts etc. (proper spelling would have been a plus).

I'll be contacting the moderators to have this post moved or deleted.

Al B.

billclo said:
Any idea when in January this is slated to be re-released?
I can't say...

It is simply a matter of getting everything written up, approved, sources for things like dice coordinated, me set up with access to the MI email account, new logo and forms done (these are done!) etc. Matthew has a lot on his plate and so it's been slow going.

ALSO... I updated the initial post for this thread with some clarifications and our new MI Application!

GamerDude said:
billclo said:
Any idea when in January this is slated to be re-released?
I can't say...

It is simply a matter of getting everything written up, approved, sources for things like dice coordinated, me set up with access to the MI email account, new logo and forms done (these are done!) etc. Matthew has a lot on his plate and so it's been slow going.

ALSO... I updated the initial post for this thread with some clarifications and our new MI Application!

Okay. You think things will be done in time for me to sign up for the March game convention that I am running events in? :)

billclo said:
Okay. You think things will be done in time for me to sign up for the March game convention that I am running events in? :)
billco - in all honesty sign up *now*. I can promise you will *not* miss out on things by signing up now. The only thing you miss out on by signing up later is... more opportunities to run events. Everyone in the program when the new one is unveiled will automatically stay in the program, be carried over, awarded hugs and cheers and huzzah's from everyone on staff and me! :D

Sign up now, March is coming fast and I would hate to see a matter of timing mess you up. :oops:

Fair enough?

(and I recommend the same to anyone else interested.. if you are thinking of applying AFTER the new program, then don't wait sign up now.)

AL B.
Guy herding all the 'cats' that make up the MI Program *smile*

Al, your latest version of the application will not allow me to click "done signing" or save a copy, so I am unable to send it to you.

billclo said:
Al, your latest version of the application will not allow me to click "done signing" or save a copy, so I am unable to send it to you.
I don't know what PDF reader you are using so first try the steps below. If they don't work then please email me directly please and we'll figure this out.

Here is how I "saved form as read-only" with Adobe Reader X:
  1. Open (of course)
  2. Ensure I've "Highlight Existing Fields"
  3. Enter info into fields
  4. *print* - as in like to your printer
    • You need to have a "PDF Driver" as a printer, I have "Adobe Printer", CutePDF offers a free one.
    • You Might get an error about location... save to a different directory than where you opened the application from
    • You should change the filename to like"<your name> MI Application.pdf"
  5. DON'T "sign" it. I tried that and got nothing but errors. Signing is for forms that need digital signatures for tracking verification and what-not. You are simply emailing it directly to me/MGP so that level of security isn't needed, and honestly I never even thought to set the form up for that.
Al

Application sent, hopefully it worked correctly. Thanks for the additional help in getting the application process to work.

You should edit the Mongoose email address; the one at the beginning of the thread is "monooseinantry@... ". It's missing a "g" for Mongoose. :)

*bangs head on desk*

Ok, nice catch. I have to fix that before the new trooper kit gets produced.

Other than that, how did you like our new "handy dandy fill it out in Acrobat " application form?

Al B.

GamerDude said:
*bangs head on desk*

Ok, nice catch. I have to fix that before the new trooper kit gets produced.

Other than that, how did you like our new "handy dandy fill it out in Acrobat " application form?

Al B.

Well once we got past the needing PDF drivers issue, it wasn't hard to fill out.

UPDATE

Our email is sorted out, the new program scheduled to kick off April 2nd 2013 and all is looking good.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-
Al Beddow
Coordinator Mongoose Infantry Event Operations
Member Mongoose Infantry since 2003
mongooseinfantry {at} mongoosepublishing {dot} com

Please don't forget to include me in the loop for ACTASF demos and such. I'd love to publicize them in Hailing Frequencies and on ADB's page on FB. :) We have over 1500 friends now and someone is bound to live close.

Got ya Jean!

Al Beddow
Coordinator Mongoose Infantry Event Operations
Member Mongoose Infantry since 2003
mongooseinfantry {at} mongoosepublishing {dot} com

Main Post updated, latest version of Application attached. Please do not use any other version of the application.

Thank you

Back