<=* NEW MONGOOSE INFANTRY & TROOPER SEARCH (Jul 8th '13) *=>

GamerDude

Cosmic Mongoose
Hello and thank you for your interest in the Mongoose Infantry (MI).

July 1st 2013 was our official "reboot" date but honestly we've been on a long careful reboot since beginning of the year. I say 'long careful' because giving something like the MI a complete overhaul isn't done with waving a magik wand or accomplished overnight. The changes we've made have been getting tested, revised, and fine tuned to make them the best.,

The final part of this process is recruiting new troopers to the MI Program to go out and promote our games (currently all our miniature games). Prospective troopers are of course to have some basic starting squads/fleets for at least one of the games they will be running Demo Events of but their collection can grow quickly through the Event Credit to be earned, starting at $10/hr or even higher as you advance in the program.

The current trooperpak is available at http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/demoteams.htm, It hasn't been updated since 2008 but the information still gives a good idea of how the MI Operates. If you wish to apply:
  1. Use the application at end of this post
  2. PRINT it out as a "read-only" PDF (Instructions below)
  3. Send it to "monooseinfantry@mongoosepublishing.com" with subject "[MI] <your name> Application"

To ensure there are no misunderstandings: All prospective troopers should already have (or be willing to purchase on their own) enough product to run at least a small 2-person game. For ACTA:SF this is 2 ships about 360 pts. You are not allowed to be using say "Star Trek Clix" to teach ACTA:SF. You also need a game store you are willing to go to and run events. You can start out supporting just one game, and expand to others as you earn Event Credit.

If you have any questions feel free to PM "MongooseInfantryHQ" on the forums or email MI-HQ. We'll happily help you out. Either method please use the Subject "MI Question"
TURNING APPLICATION INTO A READ-ONLY PDF
Depending on what software you are using, and how you "save" the completed form, there are a few small issues. Here is how I "saved form as read-only" with Adobe Reader X:
  1. Open (of course)
  2. Ensure "Highlight Existing Fields" is active (fields will show light blue or yellow)
  3. Completely fill out the form.
  4. DON'T "sign" it. I tried that and got nothing but errors. Signing is for forms that are set up for digital signatures used in tracking, verification and what-not. You are simply emailing it directly to me/MGP so that level of security isn't needed, and honestly I never even thought to set the form up for that.
  5. *print* - like to your printer to your printer but instead select your "PDF Driver"
    • You need to have a "PDF Driver" as a printer, I have "Adobe Printer", and CutePDF offers a free one.
    • You Might get an error about location... save to a different directory than where the form was opened from.
    • Use any filename for the application you want.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-
Al Beddow
Coordinator Mongoose Infantry Event Operations
Member Mongoose Infantry since 2003
mongooseinfantry {at} mongoosepublishing {dot} com

Attachments

• MI-RedemptionOrder Form v3-2.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 115

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to post that the *NEW* MI program is getting very close to launch.

If you've downloaded and read the current one many things will be the same but there are some nice new benefits, clearer guidelines, etc.

I encourage anyone interested in Mongooses games and enjoys teaching them to sign up for the program.

Thank you

Al Beddow
Coordinator, Mongoose Infantry Demonstration Operations

MAybe I missed it in your post, but after I download the demo zip file and fill out the application are we suppose to email it to you directly, or upload it somewhere to the MGP site?

thanks for the info.

Winged_Human said:
MAybe I missed it in your post,...

Sorry I didn't see your post right away, but you got the application to me (and are approved) so it worked out.

I updated the initial post for this thread with some clarifications and our new MI Application!

UPDATE

Our email is sorted out, the new program scheduled to kick off April 2nd 2013 and all is looking good.

Al Beddow
Coordinator Mongoose Infantry Event Operations
mongooseinfantry {at} mongoosepublishing {dot} com

Main Post updated, latest version of Application attached. Please do not use any other version of the application.

Thank you

Back