Monster question

MadDog

Mongoose
I have the old hardbound version, so this might of already been fixed.

1) On page 298, under the description for Belits Black Corsairs, they are given Exotic Wpn Proficiency and Weapon Focus.

The problem, is, they dont meet the requirements for either. You need a BAB of +1, which they dont have at the time they earn the feats (1st level).

2) Same, page for the Picts on the Warpath, they have Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Stealthy and Track feats. The Track is from being a Barbarian, and being 1st level Barbarians, they should get 2 more feats. But they have 3, other than Track.

Mad Dog

MadDog said:
I have the old hardbound version, so this might of already been fixed.

1) On page 298, under the description for Belits Black Corsairs, they are given Exotic Wpn Proficiency and Weapon Focus.

2) Same, page for the Picts on the Warpath, they have Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Stealthy and Track feats. The Track is from being a Barbarian, and being 1st level Barbarians, they should get 2 more feats. But they have 3, other than Track.

Mad Dog

1) Not fixed in AE.

2) Fixed. They lost Stealthy in AE.

There's tons of inconsstancies in the monsters section. Some have FORT saves tha don't track with CON, Feats they don't have pre-reqs for, and lots of things that seem arbitrary because there's no support in the rest of the template (although it makes sense and is perfectly playable).

My guess is the designers concentrated on making the creatures match REHs work and forced things where the d20 OGL system didn't allow a perfect fit or translation.

There is a monster book coming out soon, I believe, that should address all the issues with tha section in both editions.

What's the scoop on that so far, Vincent?

Sutek said:
What's the scoop on that so far, Vincent?

Most of the monsters were finished before the rules were finalized. Initially the pirate character had a +1 BAB at first level, which would have qualified Belit's pirates for the feats. When the book came out, that was changed but someone forgot to go through and change the monsters. Most of the monsters in the first several books were written before the Core Rules were published in final form.

My goal is to see all the monsters corrected at some point. I've got corrected stats for almost all the published monsters - they just haven't seen print yet.

Back