Missing page 221 of Flashbacks Redux

Zakator

Mongoose
Hey,

Long time player, first time poster etc. As I was updating my digital collection of Paranoia books bought from DriveThru (which include all the relevant books that are not duplicates from the XP and 2009 lines, as well as the Card game and other things) I vaguely remembered there was a page missing somewhere from one of the books I had. After much searching and a trip to the Wayback Machine for the Mongoose Publishing website for June 16th, 2011, I finally found out which product it was, and thankfully could also download it via the archive.

The product in question is Flashbacks Redux, and the page concerned is the introduction to Vapors Don't Shoot Back which has a number of 221. The website has a download which covers for this, because it was apparently accidentally left out of the finished product. At first, I thought I'd just edit it into my own copy of the book, but then I realised this wouldn't help if I accidentally lost the collection and had to re-download it or something, so then I thought "I'll post it on the forum so everyone can get it!". Then I thought some more and realised "they're still occasionally updating the products on DriveThru with apparently small changes to fonts and such, or at least DT keeps telling me they're updated, and since this is an obvious and glaring omission of a full page that clearly should have been included from the start, why not get the Famous Game Developers to update the actual digital product with it? Surely, they are benevolent and can see the value of such a request, however small it may appear!" Hence, I'm posting here. Now, I'm quite sure there's some sort of regulations against posting even a single page of a copyrighted book on the forum, so I'll just say that I've got it and hope that the people responsible will see my post and either request it from me via email or download it themselves from the archive, and then update the product accordingly. Hooray for the responsible people clearly happy to attend to their product's health and longevity over the lifespan of it!!

TL;DR: Page 221 is missing from Flashbacks Redux, I have a copy of it which was posted for free on the old Mongoose Publishing website and I would like for it to be included in an update to Flashbacks Redux on the DriveThruRPG website. Yay!

All hail Glorious Friend Computer!

Similarly, page 27 from Materials Treacherously Deleted also seems to be missing, and is also at the beginning of a mission. This one I haven't found a replacement page for - is this a common theme for the starts of missions or just an oversight? Any insight would be worthwhile to this :)

Allen Varney said:
lastbesthope said:
My hard copy of MTD has page 27 in there just fine...
I believe citizen Zakator is referring to text omitted between the end of page 27 and the start of page 28.

Going and looking you appear to be correct.

FFS, so MTD has itself got some MTD? Has this missing text ever been made available to those who got sent the MTD book?

If not yet, can we have it now please?

LBH

That is correct, and I only noticed it because I made a summary of all the officially published Paranoia adventures (44 in total, not counting the individual Code 7's), and it was missing text from the beginning of the adventures where the summary is. Makes me wonder if there are more instances of this occurring, since I've quite not the mind to read through every single Paranoia book looking for incongruous text and reporting it. My guess is that I'd notice once I tried running one of the scenarios where this would occur, but it also makes one wonder why it hasn't been noticed before. Oh well, good that people are looking into it!

Most Loyal Citizen Zakator

Back