Missing hull points in Core Rules reprint?

Stingray_tm

Banded Mongoose
I was searching really really hard in my newly arrived core rulebook, what the supposed hull points are for the common space ships. After a looking around in this forum, I think, that these values were provided in the initial 2016 version of the book but are no longer there in the 2020 reprint?

What happened here? It can only be a mistake, because what sense would it make to leave this information out? Conspiracy theorists might claim, that we are supposed to buy High Guard for that but in that case the authors would have included a hint, that you need to look in another book for that info. Also what would be the point of keeping all the other information of those ships as well as the starship rules in the core rule book. Especially since version 2 obviously was written with goal to improve playablility and internal consistency (and Mongoose did a good job with that, I think overall version 2 is a major improvement over version 1 if you want to have an actual RPG instead of a random table universe simulation for 70s mainframe computers).
But if that was a mistake, i don't seem to be able to find any erratas adressing this issue.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue is?

Also, i found that the hull points for the starships seem to be 40% of their tonnage. Is this formula applicable to all the starships and small craft presented in the core rules?

My hardcover doesn't have the hull points. One of the first printings. I'm curious if any prints had them included. I know some of the PDFs had them.

Maybe it initially was an oversight, they added it in later revisions but used the initial version for the current reprint by mistake?

Stingray_tm said:
Maybe it initially was an oversight, they added it in later revisions but used the initial version for the current reprint by mistake?

No, it was in the original Core book, but removed in a later revision. The black&white (printer-friendly) PDF still have the Hull values.

Was there any reason given for this? I mean, it makes absolutely no sense, even if you assume that Mongoose would like to promote High Guard for that.

Back