Misprints in 3.2

hdrider67

Banded Mongoose
Some quick hits that are easy to miss before printing.

Ship Design:
Pulse and Beam laser damage seems to be reversed. Either that or the text is incorrect.

The system is missing the options for creating non FTL ships (Passenger couches) as well as FTL accomodations (like repair shops) would be nice.

Trade:
Passengers Low thru High seem to have been reversed with High passage being a very nice discount.

Freight: Is the 1Kcr per ton, per parsec or just per ton?

World Gen:

I LOVE the added detail, especially the extras in Gov't and Law.

There is also a repair to be made in the Spacecraft Operations area under Passage. In there it states that a mid passage is 4000 cr per parsec and in the Trade area it is listed as 2500cr per parsec. My mid -passengers would like the discount :)

I like the cost per parsec angle and I agree with hdrider67 the added detail is really fun. It gives new thought to the idea of consummating a deal. :oops:

hdrider67 said:
Some quick hits that are easy to miss before printing.

Ship Design:
Pulse and Beam laser damage seems to be reversed. Either that or the text is incorrect.

The system is missing the options for creating non FTL ships (Passenger couches) as well as FTL accomodations (like repair shops) would be nice.

Trade:
Passengers Low thru High seem to have been reversed with High passage being a very nice discount.

Freight: Is the 1Kcr per ton, per parsec or just per ton?

World Gen:

I LOVE the added detail, especially the extras in Gov't and Law.

There is also a hiccup in the actual value table. It goes:
4 120% 60%
5 125% 65%
6 120% 75%
7 115% 80%
8 110% 85%

There seems to be an unlimited amount of stuff available from your source once you find one.

The restrictions on travel are for LL's about Double what they are listed under if prior editions (MT, TNE) are to be referenced.
The restriction on High Tech goods are likely to make many stellar TL worlds unable to use their tech; it's incompatible with the OTU and just plain not a good column to have.

To the previous posters, good job on spotting the glitches. ;-)

Glad to see the psionics stuff in.

I still feel that the power situation with the ships is untenable, but that's just my opinion.

Oh well, I'll just be one of many trying to find more glitches that you folks haven't mentioned yet. :)

Good luck everyone, Mongoose is only giving us till the 6th to comment before they lock it down. (According to their post.)

Page 1 of the Trade Section

The categories of the passage types are reversed - high passengers and low passengers are swapped, unless you want to call being flash frozen as being high passage - I also suggest adding a steerage class for transporting via cargo space.

Jump 1 ships under these rules should only carry cargo. Between financing the building costs of staterooms and low berths, i.e. 500,000 cr. and 50,000 cr. Then paying life suport costs on them monthy allso. You have a fixed cost over 1,000cr. per -dTon- of staterooms and a bit under for low berths, per month. Then you need to add in the cost of Stewards and their staterooms, i.e. 6,000cr per month each. It fast becomes a money pit for low jump ships and routs.

If you are going to keep the 100cr. per dTon monthy repair and maintenance costs vs the old 0.1% of ship cost each year, for a 2 week maintenance. You should subsume the Life support cost for staterooms and low berths into that monthy maintenance cost. Then have an expendables cost per trip, for the crew and passanger food requirements. The number of Stewards needed should be lowered allso.

At it works now the Free Trader ( Type A ) and the Subsidzed Merchant ( Type R ). With their Jump 1 drives should only have enough staterooms for crew and be pure cargo movers. The jump 3 Liners of 600+ dTons become your passanger movers and they will stick to worlds with higher passager turnover.

Another interesting change (supported only by GT, not by any other edition yet released) is per parsec pricing.

Actual cost per ton for jump isn't quite that linear.

Some possible clarifications:

Looks like the availablity modifiers for passengers are the same for Ga, and Ag worlds. Is this intentional ?

Yeah, the ticket prices are reversed.

For luggage allowance, are the amounts in displacement or weight ? I'm assuming weight. Although, if displacement, it might make sense for the high passage to have cargo space included. In which case, the rest need to be volumes rather than mass.

I like the inclusion of factions and quirks. Great adventure hook generators.

Back