Minbari: Molecular Pulsars

Big Pete

Mongoose
I have just gotten my copy of the Minbari Federation Factbook, overall it is great, however, I have one major question

The stats for the molecular Pulsars on Vehicles seems wrong

it is given damage 1d4; critical *2; range 3

compared to the twin fusion gun which has 2d6 damage; critical 18-20 range 4; rapid fire

molecular pulsars are a much larger weapon, they are pulse weapons, they have a higher rate of fire, better range and do more damage than fusion weapons

I have Gropos Minbari supplement, the molecular pulsars there have the same range as the light disrupter, similar damage and a much higher rate of fire.

It should be also better than its EA counterpart the 45mm bilpro

using the light disrupter as a guide, I think the molecular pulsar should be something like

Damage 3d6; Critical *3, Range 5/6; Rapid fire

or maybe

Damage 2d8; Critical 19-20 (*2); Range 5/6; Rapid Fire

also where are the stats for

Heavy Armour
Wing Packs
Crystal Grenades
Strike Lasers
Laser Rifles
Laser Pistols
Heavy Molecular Rifles
Gravitic Cannon

mentioned on page 82-83

where are the stats for the Tal'Falni (Minbari Equivalent to the EF449)

Big Pete said:
I have just gotten my copy of the Minbari Federation Factbook, overall it is great, however, I have one major question

The stats for the molecular Pulsars on Vehicles seems wrong

it is given damage 1d4; critical *2; range 3

compared to the twin fusion gun which has 2d6 damage; critical 18-20 range 4; rapid fire

don't forget the listed damage is only for a single hit, and all molecular pulse weapons of the minbari Each hit with a molecular pulse beam thatrepresents 1d6 significant bursts have made contact with the target. Each one does the weapon’s base damage and reduces the target’s DR by 1. Each reduction takes place before the next burst is applied, which can quickly chew through a target’s armour. The scattered effect of these bursts also negates Agility and Dodge Defense Value bonuses.

So it isn't really just 1d4 its 1d4 (1d6 times). The section on Molecular Pulse Beams isn't just referring to things solely on an antipersonnel level its referring to conditions of that technology as a whole.

also where are the stats for
Heavy Armour

I'm fairly sure thats a reference to thier battle armour which is the heaviest armour they use.

Laser Pistols

again im fairly sure this is a reference to the holdout laser pistols predominantly found among the warrior caste.

Crystal Grenades

Those would be the shard Grenades.

Wing Packs
Strike Lasers
Laser Rifles
Heavy Molecular Rifles
Gravitic Cannon

mentioned on page 82-83
where are the stats for the Tal'Falni (Minbari Equivalent to the EF449)

Not sure about the above ones however.

Back