Map Issues?

Starkus

Mongoose
I'm noticing some descrepencies between the Road of Kings maps, the map in the main book, and some of the descriptions of places. Perhaps someone could help me out and clear these up for me, that would be great.

1. Where is the Isle of Iron Statues in teh Vilayet Sea? The main book shows it as an island in the south, while the RoK shows it in the northern sea.

2. Where is Arunjen? It appears well into the eastern Kazankian Mountains in the main book, along the road of kings sort of. But it is gone from the Gazeteer entirely.

3. Yaralet is a Zamoran city, however, it appears in Corinthia in the RoK. It is also said to be in the northern stepps of the hills of the Eastern Desert in Zamora. Where is Yaralet?

5. Where is Yezud supposed to be? In the main book it is in central Zamora, and in the RoK it is located in NW Zamora, near Yaralet - nearly out of Zamora, in fact.

Thanks!

Starkus

1. It should be in the south.

2. Arenjun is shown in its correct place in the Shadizar boxed set map. It is close to the border of Corinthia.

3. Yaralet is a Corinthian city in Howard's fragment. L. Sprague de Camp made it in the northern steppes when he completed the fragment. RoK shows the Howard location, the main book showed the de Camp location.

5. Depends. Do you want De Camp's location, or Roy Thomas'?

Starkus said:
I'm noticing some descrepencies between the Road of Kings maps, the map in the main book, and some of the descriptions of places. Perhaps someone could help me out and clear these up for me, that would be great.

1. Where is the Isle of Iron Statues in teh Vilayet Sea? The main book shows it as an island in the south, while the RoK shows it in the northern sea.

2. Where is Arunjen? It appears well into the eastern Kazankian Mountains in the main book, along the road of kings sort of. But it is gone from the Gazeteer entirely.

3. Yaralet is a Zamoran city, however, it appears in Corinthia in the RoK. It is also said to be in the northern stepps of the hills of the Eastern Desert in Zamora. Where is Yaralet?

5. Where is Yezud supposed to be? In the main book it is in central Zamora, and in the RoK it is located in NW Zamora, near Yaralet - nearly out of Zamora, in fact.

Thanks!

Starkus

What about the discrepancy in your numbering system?! :shock: :lol:

It would be nice to have an updated, corrected map, with the information from Vincent...

VincentDarlage said:
slaughterj said:
It would be nice to have an updated, corrected map, with the information from Vincent...

There is a new, more accurate map of Stygia in Stygia, Serpent of the South.

Thanks for the info, I'll get it as I get everything Conan, but it would be nice to have the world map get updated from time to time and placed on this site.

Hi guys,

Most of the discrepancies have arisen because of a change in amnagers of the Conan line. However, this is something we are currently tackling and a new official map is on the way (it might take a while to reach production, however).

i'm impressed....(and hoping this might be the result of some of my ramblings *g*)...an official statement!

thank you...and perhaps you can do it again from time to time :)

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Most of the discrepancies have arisen because of a change in amnagers of the Conan line. However, this is something we are currently tackling and a new official map is on the way (it might take a while to reach production, however).

Great stuff, thanks for the info!

Back