Magnamund Maps - In Stock!

August1

Mongoose
The first set of Magnamund Maps has been released and are selling fast!~

The Maps of Magnamund Collection will comprise 36 beautifully detailed Map Boards in total. A new set of 4 Map Boards will be published regularly, every 4-5 months, until the collection is complete.

These Map Boards are an original RPG concept. They combine a highly detailed colour map on the front, with a world grid and useful background information about the map area depicted on the reverse. Many new geographical features are included, along with special sites and locations never revealed before. There are also scenario ideas for RPG adventures specific to each area.

The Map Boards measure 233mm x 328mm (about 9″ x 13″) and are printed in color on strong 300gsm laminated art board. They come individually packed and labeled in a zip-loc bag. They are very collectable and ideal for mounting and framing.

Set 1 (available Nov 1, 2012):
01 Sommerlund
02 Durenor
03 Vassagonia
04 Dessi

Set 2 (available March 15, 2013)
05 Kakush and Valerion
06 The Galdonlands
07 The Stornlands
08 Talestria

All Map Sets ordered from the website ( http://mapmagnamund.com/id25.html ) have been signed by Lone Wolf author - Joe Dever - and are embossed with his personal library seal.

Ever since picking up two copies of the world map and then hearing about this, I've been looking forward to it. So excited that when I saw an email about them being released, I registered on the forum (long time stalker). :D

Anyway, keen to get my hands on these puppies!

Just to let you all know, these have just arrived at our office (and they look absolutely gorgeous!), and will be off to you all tomorrow!

I can't wait to see these maps (again). I think I already received shipping notification on these a few days ago. Even better news!

~O

Omote said:
Anybody who ordered through Mongoose get their new maps yet?

~O

They have - if you are in the US, be aware that we shipped these from the UK, so it may take a few days longer.

Just received mine in the mail today! These really are some of the best maps on the fantasy gaming market. The maps alone create adventure as you pour over them. The extra information on the back of the card, particularly the adventure ideas, is marvelous.

~O

I have some questions about the maps:

1) Are they all signed by Joe or only the ones bought directly from his website?
2) What do they mean by the "unfolded maps"? I mean, since the maps are normally on map boards, they are also "unfolded", right? From what I have read, the "unfolded" maps lack a map board for more flexibility for mounting and are mailed in cardboard tubes, or am I missing something? Or is there some other definition of "unfolded" of which I am not aware?

Thanks!

Only the ones bought from Joe Dever's website are signed and carry his library embossing. The map boards come in an envelope with a cardboard backing to avoid bending. They are free from folds.

Joe's website was selling, and I guess still are selling, the whole Magnamund map in two versions. One is folded into a sleeve. The other comes unfolded, rolled up in a mailing tube.

~O

Thanks! Since Dever's site only sells the maps in the 2 forms you mentioned (one in a tube, the other folded into a sleeve), it doesn't sell them posted on a map board. Only Mongoose sell them on map boards, did I understand it correctly this time?

Cheers

The map boards of Magnamund are available from both Mongoose Publishing and Joe Dever's site. However, the map boards are only small parts of Magnamund as a whole. The map boards are more vastly more detailed than the version of the single, whole world map available in the tube or the sleeve.

So, there are two versions of the Magnamund map.

1. The single map in the sleeve or tube, that depicts the whole continent of Magnamund.
2. The map boards, which are broken into 36 peices that form the whole continent, are available right now. Though only the first 4 map board are available (Sommerlund, Dessi, Vassagonia, Durenor).

~O

Back