Lone Wolf errata

columbob

Mongoose
How about collecting all the LW errata and Q&A so far on the forums and make them into a sticky post at the top? I know I get little questions every now and then from reading the books.

For instance, should handbolts be Piercing instead of Bludgeoning (as listed in the weapons table)?

A Bor Rifle can be used in hand to hand combat as a great club. Is this a warclub in the table? I don't see any great clubs listed.

Anyways, there have been a number of such questions asked (and ably answered by August and Ian) on this forum and the Q&A forum. Maybe we could collate them into a single thread? How does that sound?

For quick answers:

Handbolts actually are bludgeoning by default in the same manner as many aboriginal throwing stick (upon which they were based). Shiel-fa are primarily hunting weapons for the Telchoi and rather than loose vital blood into the sand after piercing an animal, shiel-fa break bones and leave the small corpses intact. That said, many adventuring Warriors sharpen their shiel-fa and it costs nothing extra to do this.

Yes, the bor rifle is used as a warclub. This one was an error of terminology on my part.

-August

Is there any reason why the Giaks have a Strength of 18 and do only 1d8+1 with a sword? Shouldn't it be 1d8+4?

This has been addressed before. It was a math error, obviously. When Giaks were first stated out, they had a strength 13. Then I rethought them and decised to compensate for their otherwise weak abilities with a very high strength and forgot to cycle the secondary triats again.

-August

Mongoose August said:
This has been addressed before. It was a math error, obviously. When Giaks were first stated out, they had a strength 13. Then I rethought them and decised to compensate for their otherwise weak abilities with a very high strength and forgot to cycle the secondary triats again.

-August

I remember that you had answered that before. And that just adds fuel to the burning need for a list of errata! :wink:

I'm only saying the following in case there's another edition in the future, but on p. 209, in the Ressources of Kalte, you can read "furs, minerals". In the Magnamund Companion, it was only written "furs". The reason is: "The Ice Barbarians rely on tooth and bone for their weapons because there are no mines in Kalte". (LW III, 316)

I know this is worse than interpreting the Bible... :)

I suggest putting Baknar Oil instead.

By the way, everybody here are pointing small mistakes, but YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB, AUGUST!!! I'm 28 and I never believed I could relive this childhood fantasy world. Thanks to you!

While Baknar Oil is a fantastic idea for the future, the minerals entry is valid and verified. How can you have minerals without mines, you might ask? Glad you did...

For the same reason you can dig up quartz crystals with your bare hands in Utah, USA. In Kalte, it is rare but possible to find blue crystal and other valuable minerals (including quartz, a valuable alchemical component of Borese boom powder) so close to the surface that mining is unnecessary. The fact that there is so little metal in Kalte is the exact reason why mines do not exist. :)

And thank you; it really was my pleasure.

-August

Quartz Crystal... Didn't think about this one. I was too quick on my keyboard, I guess. :roll:

Well, you forgot the fantastic Skis "made in Kalte" by Ice Barbarians! Ha! Ha! Ha! Just joking! Probably not popular in Vassagonia...

Ezhaeu

It appears that the excellent Magnamund map on this site has two planes of Air and none of Water...

Back