How much fuel per jump.

tzunder

Banded Mongoose
I know that ships need fuel equal 10% of tonnage times jump drive rating. I think they can partially jump, thus a J3 ship that does a J3 will still have fuel left for a J1.

Or do I? Cause when I read the rulebook I just can't find that written down (I have the 2016 version, not the 2022 update).

Thing is, I have played this game for 41 years, and I may have my editions mixed up!
 

MasterGwydion

Banded Mongoose
tzunder said:
I know that ships need fuel equal 10% of tonnage times jump drive rating. I think they can partially jump, thus a J3 ship that does a J3 will still have fuel left for a J1.

Or do I? Cause when I read the rulebook I just can't find that written down (I have the 2016 version, not the 2022 update).

Thing is, I have played this game for 41 years, and I may have my editions mixed up!

Use fuel = to the Jump Distance (minimum 1, maximum = the J-Drive number) x 10% of the total hull volume, So the ship uses 10% for Jump 1, 20% for Jump 2, up to a max of 30% for your ship's max jump of Jump 3.
 

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
It's all or nothing, even for microjumps you need a week and ten percent.

It's possible that an advanced variant of the jump drive needs less fuel, ten to thirty percent, and I think MegaTraveller needed less.
 

tzunder

Banded Mongoose
MasterGwydion said:
tzunder said:
I know that ships need fuel equal 10% of tonnage times jump drive rating. I think they can partially jump, thus a J3 ship that does a J3 will still have fuel left for a J1.

Or do I? Cause when I read the rulebook I just can't find that written down (I have the 2016 version, not the 2022 update).

Thing is, I have played this game for 41 years, and I may have my editions mixed up!

Use fuel = to the Jump Distance (minimum 1, maximum = the J-Drive number) x 10% of the total hull volume, So the ship uses 10% for Jump 1, 20% for Jump 2, up to a max of 30% for your ship's max jump of Jump 3.

Thanks. That's what I thought. So the J3 ship that just did a J2 can now do a J1, he he he

Condottiere said:
It's all or nothing, even for microjumps you need a week and ten percent.

It's possible that an advanced variant of the jump drive needs less fuel, ten to thirty percent, and I think MegaTraveller needed less.
I think you are saying that anything less than one parsec is J1.
 

Condottiere

Emperor Mongoose
Yes.

GURPS Interstellar Wars even termed a jump drive that can't reach three light years factor zero, and limited range to a quarter of a parsec.
 
Top