Flurry

gamesmeister

Banded Mongoose
I've always assumed that Flurry was all about multiple strikes simultaneously, but the rulebook says the character can use all remaining Combat Actions in a turn, and doesn't specify that those actions must be strikes.

So if I have 3 CA's, I can flurry to strike twice, and then use my 3rd Combat Action to go into Defend, thus gaining 20% bonus to dodges and parries for the remainder of the round?

Not really overpowered, but a very useful option, so just checking on its legality

G

This has come up before and never been 'officially' answered. I think the intent is for attacks only (a flurry of attacks).

Otherwise you could use all your move actions in ons SR or do somethink really silly like charge, back up, and charge again as a flurry.

Rurik said:
This has come up before and never been 'officially' answered. I think the intent is for attacks only (a flurry of attacks).

Otherwise you could use all your move actions in ons SR or do somethink really silly like charge, back up, and charge again as a flurry.

It is slightly silly, but not really that great, not least because your opponent would get a free strike when you backed up. Then when your done, he gets all his other attacks too. Maybe one of the charges would disable him, maybe not, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk (you get 2 attacks at -20%, plus 1D4 damage, he gets 4 attacks with no penalties or bonuses.

gamesmeister said:
It is slightly silly, but not really that great, not least because your opponent would get a free strike when you backed up. Then when your done, he gets all his other attacks too. Maybe one of the charges would disable him, maybe not, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk (you get 2 attacks at -20%, plus 1D4 damage, he gets 4 attacks with no penalties or bonuses.

It was just an example to show how silly allowing other actions as a flurry could be. I didn't say it was a good Idea. :wink:

Archers could flurry to attack, reload, attack, etc. I for one am going to allow only melee attacks as flurry actions.

Back