Custom Ships

The Drop Bear class Covert Insertion Vessel is a small interstellar dropship, capable of
delivering ten insurgents and ten tons of vehicles to distant systems. The aerodyne
hull has Enhanced Stealth coatings and is heat shielded, allowing the ship to line up
on an entry vector, run silent and coast from beyond detection ranges into an orbital
insertion.
Drop Bear class ships borrow their names from cryptid 'species.' The thought process
(and marketing pitch) being that their victims are convinced they were there, but no
one has ever seen one. Resemblance to actual xenofauna named after cryptids is
purely coincidental.
Drop Bear Covert Insertion Vessel.png

Attachments

• Drop Bear Class 100 ton Record Sheet.pdf
    432.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Drop Bear Class 100 ton SSD.pdf
    468.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The Arbiter class Heavy Patrol Vessel is an 800 ton military ship intended for areas being plagued with pirates or light insurgencies. It's high armor for a smaller starship, combined with deflectors and point defense batteries make it a hard target against most privateers. It is frequently deployed with a flight of Type T Patrol Cruisers.
It mounts three triple turrets, three particle barbettes and a medium ion cannon bay, which can temporarily neutralize most ships below it's tonnage in one shot.

Note that on the deck plans, the fuel, armor and point defense battery are distributed through roughly 300 tons of inaccessible areas of the hull, and are not shown on the plans.
Arbiter.png

Attachments

• Arbiter Class Heavy Patrol 800 tons Record Sheet.pdf
    439.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Arbiter Class Heavy Patrol 800 tons SSD.pdf
    470.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The 600 Dton Fire Hawk Class Patrol Cruiser Leader was intended to be the solution to every
system patrol/customs enforcement problem. Instead, by trying to shoehorn every
possible gadget into a relatively small hull, it became a prohibitively expensive vessel
that in spite of making compromises, is exceedingly cramped for its 40 crew members and has little in the way
of long term supplies. Morale problems are likely to crop up if the crew is forced to
remain onboard for the entirety of its design twelve week power plant fuel supply.

(Edit: SSD updated to U2022 Crit chart)

Fire Hawk.png

Attachments

• Fire Hawk Class Record Sheet.pdf
    439.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Fire Hawk Class SSD.pdf
    470.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Nice ship. Hey, just an FYI, I noticed on your SSD sheet that you're using the old Core Critical hits table. It got tweaking in the 2022 update (and I only noticed because the new 12: Bridge is a result of me griping that you couldn't bulkhead a zero ton system (computer), so it made more sense to make the crit apply to the bridge instead - so if you don't like the resulting change, sorry.)

Nice ship. Hey, just an FYI, I noticed on your SSD sheet that you're using the old Core Critical hits table. It got tweaking in the 2022 update (and I only noticed because the new 12: Bridge is a result of me griping that you couldn't bulkhead a zero ton system (computer), so it made more sense to make the crit apply to the bridge instead - so if you don't like the resulting change, sorry.)
Thanks. I already had bridge armor in the design sheet add the CS-1 to Computers so it sounds functionally similar. Will fix it for the next update.
Edit: Yeah, the new chart is too wordy.
If you want the updated SSD, it's got the new chart.

Last edited:
Cygnus Quad Modular Frontier Cruiser
The Cygnus Quad from Cygnus Shipping, based in the Deneb Sector, makes use of banks of four roughly cube shaped 54 DTon modules attached between the Control and Drive sections. The drives are calibrated for two banks of modules arranged like a cube between the command section and the drive section. The Power Plant appears oversized for most applications, but some available modules are power hungry, and the base ship is designed with those in mind. If bought from Cygnus Shipping, the Standard Design discount applies. However ship's built elsewhere do not benefit from that bonus, and the current listing does not include the discount. The default model has eight cargo modules. Each C module contains a 50 ton Cargo Bay, an empty Triple turret hardpoint, and three tons for connections, couplings and corridors.

Note that Deck 1 and Deck 6 have only fuel and the turret access, and so are not shown.

Record Sheet attached below image.
Cygnus QUAD Frontier Cruiser 1500 tons.png

Attachments

• Cygnus Quad Base - No Modules -1500 Tons Record Sheet.pdf
    443.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
C-Module
This is the default module included with the Cygnus QUAD Modular Frontier Cruisers and the Cygnus DUO Modular Frontier Frigates. The C-Module includes a 50 ton cargo bay, and empty triple turret and 3 tons devoted to connectors, conduits and corridors.

D-Module
The Defensive Module (D-Module) carries a Type II-L Point Defense Battery, two Deflector Screens, Repair Drones, a Workshop, two sensor stations and one ton of internal storage for repair parts.

F-Module
This module allows the Cygnus QUAD and Cygnus DUO to deploy the 25 ton Cygnet Light Fighter, a long range fighter craft (Listed separately). The fifty-four Dton module is split between a 50 ton hangar for the Cygnet, an empty triple turret, and three tons for connections, conduits and corridors. Note that Cygnet fighters provide stateroom accommodations and common area space for the fighter crew if accommodations are not available on the QUAD or the DUO.

G-Module
The Cygnus Missile Bay Module turns the Cygnus QUAD or DUO into a significant
threat, especially when multiple G-Modules are mounted. The module consists of a
Small Missile Bay (Smallx3 mods), 1x Double stateroom a 10 ton ammunition
magazine and 1 ton of internal storage for repair parts, along with 3 tons for
connections, conduits and corridors.

P-Module/P2-Module
The Cygnus Passenger Module (P-Module) has ten Middle Passage staterooms, ten
tons of Common Areas, an empty tripple turret and three tons for connections
couplings and corridors. The Common Areas are equipped with a high quality
advanced entertainment system and a wet bar on each deck. A P2-Module is also
available that cuts the entertainment system and wetbars and swaps the single beds
to double occupancy staterooms for use as additional crew quarters. It costs MCr

S-Module
The Cygnus Scientific Operations Module (S-Module) includes a Scientific Operations
Suite with laboratories for 16 scientists, an improved sensor suite with a dedicated
sensops station and a launcher for five probe drones.

WB-Module
The Weapons Bay Module (WB-Module) uses a double space module to fit a 100 ton Weapons Bay. A Particle Beam is shown, but other weapons may be ordered. A stateroom and common areas are included for the crew.

Cygnus Modules 1.png

Attachments

• Cygnus Cargo Module - 54 tons.pdf
    430.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Cygnus Fighter Module - 54 tons.pdf
    431.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Cygnus Lab Module - 54 tons.pdf
    433.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Cygnus Missile Bay Module - 54 tons.pdf
    435.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Cygnus Passenger Module - 54 tons.pdf
    434 KB · Views: 8
  • Cygnus Weapons Bay Module -108 tons.pdf
    431.9 KB · Views: 8
Not a ship, but I ran an upscaled Randell Mountain Facility ticket on my group for the (closest to) Halloween game. Merc Book 3 pg 79
Increased the size and staffing of the Randell Mountain Facility, so the regular staffing is around 50. Twenty paranoid invaders (All of the mercs were infected along with several "currently dead" staff). When any of the infected are disabled or killed, start the timer on the somewhat alive stat.

I made the facility part of the weather control network of the planet (in addition to the other research), and there is some urgency to get the facility back up so that its sensors can give more complete information on how to dissipate a storm that is approaching the starport city. They have a couple of hours to get there, and get the comms and sensors back on line, or they won't be able to return to the city until the next day.
I ran with the gourmet thing and made a restaurant in the Rec Center that runs on a rotation and lottery basis.

The lab has a medical section and two lab nodes. The underground is a recovery area. The brig is an isolation area for those who aren't adjusting, display criminal behavior, or are failed but living experiments. The travellers in my campaign are hunting down people trafficked by slavers, and one of the pirate vessels was answering this facilities call for "paid volunteers" with terminal illness or mortal injuries to participate in a study (on the lichen based experiments). The pirates would take their least profitable captives shoot them, and put them in a low berth to be "sold" to the lab.

Optional foreshadowing, I put three APCs on the grounds: one near the garage and two at the Ops Center. One had crashed into the other and was burning. The other had a crumpled but open door, with the interior covered with blood and gore. This was actually, a somewhat alive intruder plastered over the wall. Not much of a danger, but it set the tone, and got their paranoia levels up. Two more somewhat alive intruders are in the Lab, or could be wandering. I also included the ravenous state from Death Station for the somewhat alive. The dead infected scientists are in the rec area, piled in the theater.
There are also some nocturnal predators in the woods that they were warned about.

I put the buildings around a small lake/large pond. There is a tram system (not operating) beneath the complex that connects all of the buildings, and is used at night to avoid predators.

The B/D in the dorms are Bed over Desks.

Anyway, here are the maps in case you find them useful.RMF - Operations Center.png

RMF - Laboratory.png

RMF Rec Center.png

RMF Garage.png

RMF Dormatory.png

I came up with a "better" (i.e. faster) yacht, the Sorceress class, as something that I thought that rich nobles would prefer to the book standard yacht. Mainly because I doubt that most nobles would want something that can only do Jump 1.
MGT2 Sorceress-class Yacht
The Sorceress-class fast yacht is a TL-11, 200-ton yacht which performs at Jump 2 and has 2G manuever drives. It is marketed to more adventurous nobles as a step up from the base model yacht, as well as to corporations which are looking for a luxury transport for executives which can take extended tours with its fuel scoops and processor.
200 ton streamlined hull with radiation shielding, 7.4 MCr; TL 10 Crystaliron armor rating 2, 2.5 tons, 5 MCr
Manuever drive 2: 4 tons, 8 MCr, 20 power; Jump drive 2: 10 tons, 15 MCr, 40 power; Power plant with fuel scoops and fuel processor, TL 11 as TL 8, 2 extra power and 1 size reduction, 6 tons, 72 power generated, 5.05 MCr and 1 power required; Fuel tankage: 46 tons: 40 tons jump, 6 tons power
Bridge with holographic controls: 10 tons, 1.25 MCr, Computer/15, TL 11, MCr 2, Military Sensors 2 power, 2 tons, 4.1 MCr
12 standard and1 luxury stateroom and 13 tons living space, 71 tons, 8.8 MCr,
Holographic hull: 20 MCr, 10 power,
2 hardpoints, 1 double turret installed, 1 ton required and 1 reserved, with 2 pulse lasers, 2.5 MCr
36 tons cargo or 31 with air/raft
Software: Virtual gunner 5 BW 1MCr, Jump Control 2, 0.2 MCr, Library, Manuever/0
Total Cost 74.36 MCr; 74.62 MCr with air/raft
Here's the deckplan that someone from the Citizens of the Imperium website made a very long time ago; if the original author wants it taken down just let me know - same for if anyone would like to make a new deckplan!
1667173439054.png

Last edited:
The Casanova Class Yacht was built to the specs of a narcissistic, rich businessman with several personality disorders who fancied himself a ladies man. As such he was always surrounded by those who found money more attractive than personality, moral values and common decency. Even if he had to pay them to be there.
The crew is largely robotic and automated via virtual crew programs, however there are four living members. The pilot and astrogator, who refused to stay on unless he was paid for both positions, an engineer, and two gunners who double as body guards when off the ship. Maintenance and Medical are covered by standard robots. A TL 12 pseudo-biological android handles the roles of secretary and steward.
The fifteen ton cargo bay is under the control of the crew, who negotiated the rights to speculative freight in exchange for not mutinying. The owner quickly decided it was safer to leave the crew to themselves and remain on the larger lower deck unless the 20 ton shuttle was needed. Orders to the crew are relayed to the crew via the secretary bot, making everyone happier.
Casanova Class Yacht - 200 tons.png

Attachments

• Casanova Class Yacht - 200 tons Record Sheet.pdf
    439 KB · Views: 16
  • Casanova Class Yacht - 200 tons SSD.pdf
    470.1 KB · Views: 9
Cool! Warning: I was serious about the personality disorders. Check the power curve before taking that thing into combat.

Last edited:
Thanks!
That's the Starship Creator from Galactic Civilizations 3.
Arkathan - Thank you - these are excellent. Galactic Civilizations 3 is on sale at Steam for $~13.00 until December 12. Do you have to "level up" in the game to be able to access additional visual assets? Any particular expansions that add more design content?

Have you complied your starship compendium into one file (zip or single pdf) or will I need to download each file individually?

Arkathan - Thank you - these are excellent. Galactic Civilizations 3 is on sale at Steam for $~13.00 until December 12. Do you have to "level up" in the game to be able to access additional visual assets? Any particular expansions that add more design content?

Have you complied your starship compendium into one file (zip or single pdf) or will I need to download each file individually?
Glad you like them.
GalCiv3, you do not have to level up, but check on the DLC listings, as any extra bits help out. The full designer is available as soon as you start the game. Figuring out the custom design thing is a learning curve. You can export the ships as obj files, but it will be flat. anything that looks like bumps are normals, not geometry. But, sometimes an OK paint job is better for scale than the GC3 views, so grain of salt. And if you have 3d editing software, you can add details to the base model fairly simply with the tools at hand without too much of a learning curve. (Some days I miss the era of POV-Ray, where you procedurally coded in light sources and every shape/shader and either added or subtracted its geometry. I had several battle mechs and BT tanks with variables at the front of the code to pose each segment. Then half an hour or more to render one frame... some days, but today is not that day.)

Right now, they are all separate, but a zip file sounds like a good idea, since I did not post SSD sheets for all of them. That would probably require going back and making sure all of the designs are U2022 compliant. May look into that.

Last edited:
Right now, they are all separate, but a zip file sounds like a good idea, since I did not post SSD sheets for all of them. That would probably require going back and making sure all of the designs are U2022 compliant. May look into that.
You have done most of the heavy lifting. Just reference what version was used to design the ship, and let people do their own conversions.

GalCiv3, you do not have to level up, but check on the DLC listings, as any extra bits help out.
The on-sale version looked to have extra DLC and a bunch of other ships. Not sure when I will have time to learn 3D modelling, I just started mucking through Dungeondraft 2d.

Have you actually played GalCiv3? It looks very fun, and also looks like an extreme time suck.

Thanks again

my first was 2.
I was playing Eye of the Beholder, Space Hulk and WH40K Epic around that time frame (give or take a couple of years).

Back