Custom Ships

Arkathan

Cosmic Mongoose
The Drop Bear class Covert Insertion Vessel is a small interstellar dropship, capable of
delivering ten insurgents and ten tons of vehicles to distant systems. The aerodyne
hull has Enhanced Stealth coatings and is heat shielded, allowing the ship to line up
on an entry vector, run silent and coast from beyond detection ranges into an orbital
insertion.
Drop Bear class ships borrow their names from cryptid 'species.' The thought process
(and marketing pitch) being that their victims are convinced they were there, but no
one has ever seen one. Resemblance to actual xenofauna named after cryptids is
purely coincidental.

Record Sheet: Get it here

Drop Bear Covert Insertion Vessel.png

Arkathan

Cosmic Mongoose
The Arbiter class Heavy Patrol Vessel is an 800 ton military ship intended for areas being plagued with pirates or light insurgencies. It's high armor for a smaller starship, combined with deflectors and point defense batteries make it a hard target against most privateers. It is frequently deployed with a flight of Type T Patrol Cruisers.
It mounts three triple turrets, three particle barbettes and a medium ion cannon bay, which can temporarily neutralize most ships below it's tonnage in one shot.

Note that on the deck plans, the fuel, armor and point defense battery are distributed through roughly 300 tons of inaccessible areas of the hull, and are not shown on the plans.

Record Sheet: Get it here

Ship Designer File: Get it here

Arbiter.png

Last edited:

Arkathan

Cosmic Mongoose
The 600 Dton Fire Hawk Class Patrol Cruiser Leader was intended to be the solution to every
system patrol/customs enforcement problem. Instead, by trying to shoehorn every
possible gadget into a relatively small hull, it became a prohibitively expensive vessel
that in spite of making compromises, is exceedingly cramped for its 40 crew members and has little in the way
of long term supplies. Morale problems are likely to crop up if the crew is forced to
remain onboard for the entirety of its design twelve week power plant fuel supply.

(Edit: SSD updated to U2022 Crit chart)

Fire Hawk.png

Attachments

• Fire Hawk Class Record Sheet.pdf
    439.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Fire Hawk Class SSD.pdf
    470.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Geir

Banded Mongoose
Nice ship. Hey, just an FYI, I noticed on your SSD sheet that you're using the old Core Critical hits table. It got tweaking in the 2022 update (and I only noticed because the new 12: Bridge is a result of me griping that you couldn't bulkhead a zero ton system (computer), so it made more sense to make the crit apply to the bridge instead - so if you don't like the resulting change, sorry.)

Arkathan

Cosmic Mongoose
Nice ship. Hey, just an FYI, I noticed on your SSD sheet that you're using the old Core Critical hits table. It got tweaking in the 2022 update (and I only noticed because the new 12: Bridge is a result of me griping that you couldn't bulkhead a zero ton system (computer), so it made more sense to make the crit apply to the bridge instead - so if you don't like the resulting change, sorry.)
Thanks. I already had bridge armor in the design sheet add the CS-1 to Computers so it sounds functionally similar. Will fix it for the next update.
Edit: Yeah, the new chart is too wordy.
If you want the updated SSD, it's got the new chart.

Last edited: