Confused about some powers

I've got a question about a few powers whose range to P-rating seems to be off. Jamming has a Power requirement of 15 and close range. However, P12s can get long range. Likewise Locate Mind needs P10 for close, but P7 for medium and P9 for long. Is there an erratta I'm missing, or do I misunderstand the P-Rating system for powers?

Thanks!

The "Power required" doesn't mean that's the minimum P-level you need. It's the amount of mental effort you need. If your P-level is higher than the Power Required, you're fine; otherwise, you need to exert yourself by taking non-lethal damage. See page 120, Using Telepathic Abilities and mental effort.

Using the Locate Mind ability as an example: it has a Power Rating of 10 and a range of Close (Medium P7, Long P9). A P6 can take damage to use it at close range. A P7 or 8 can take slightly less damage and use it at medium range. A P9 can take a little bit of damage and get long range. A P10 or higher can use it without damage at long range.

Is that right?

James McMurray said:
I've got a question about a few powers whose range to P-rating seems to be off. Jamming has a Power requirement of 15 and close range. However, P12s can get long range. Likewise Locate Mind needs P10 for close, but P7 for medium and P9 for long. Is there an erratta I'm missing, or do I misunderstand the P-Rating system for powers?

Thanks!

I have to agree with you about Jamming having a Power Requirement of 15 since the Psi Cop Kelsey in Mind War Season 1 said that was what Ironheart was teaching Talia Winters. "Levels P5 through P10. Jamming, Long Range scanning. The development of frindge skills."

Back