Combat Feats to Combat Maneuvers

shouit

Mongoose
I was reading a thread around here about people house ruling some of the feats to be maneuvers instead. One of the examples was choke, which I am on the fence about. But the door bashing in one(forget name), I think is a bit weak for a feat? Does anyone take that one? Or is there so many feats in Conan, people get it, because there is no other feat to take?

Just curious.

I don't know those two feats you named, must be in a splat I guess. But it's indeed not uncommon to do so.

Some examples of what I do:

- Ranged Finesse is not a feat, but an attack mode that anyone with the Precise Shot feat will use automatically. Actually it works just like normal finesse now.

- TWF users can use Two Weapon Strike at will, i.e. add the damage of both attacks (at the same BAB) for purposes of overcoming damage reduction. This is originally a Feat from HFc iirc, but we made it a generally available option.

The reasons for these two house rules are:
- archery and TWF are too weak compared to THF or similar, it should not cost extra feats to bring them closer to par.
- in case of Ranged Finesse, the feat as written is utterly useless. TWS is good, but the TWF basis is too weak.

So the main reason to change feats to manoeuvres is that either the feats are too weak, or the things the feat is supposed to improve is too weak to begin with.

I think I made more changes like that, but we have about 5000° here and I can't think clearly.

The door feat allows someone to charge someone through a door in one full round action, it has improved sunder as a prereq. While neat, I just don't think it should be a feat.

I think you are talking about me.

The feats you are talking about are Fain Death (after taking a hit, make a bluff check to play dead – need 5+ on Perform (pantomime)), Look What I Can Do! (make a Tumble then Preform check to deprive your opponent of his Dex to Dodge Defence – need +5 on Perform (act, comedy or dance)) No Prisoners! (For each foe you drop, all others get a -1 to hit & defense (up to -5) for the remainder of the current round – need Great Cleave) & Unarmed Throw (When grappling, you may throw your opponent to any adjacent space and is prone – need Improved Unarmed Strike & Improved Grapple).

The idea to make such Feats as Combat Maneuvers, is based on how you can preform Maneuvers with the right skills or feats and under the right circumstance (like how Devastating Sweep is apart of Whirlwind Attack and can only be done with two weapons and five or more opponents). Some of them are to powerful to have for free for just having a simple feat, so the No Prisoners! Maneuver will work better with the Great Cleave & Steely Gaze feats (with each dropped foe adding to the the penalty from being shaken).

So, how does that sound? I hope this helps you.

Back