Campaign Ideas for LW...

Arandur

Mongoose
Well I am actually beginning work on my LW game (Will be GMing), which at the moment consists of just jotting down scenes, sketches and basic ideas and the like that I have had, so that when I get my hands on the book I can got though and begin to fully realise some of these ideas and how they fit into the history of Magnumund.

I thought I might begin a thread where we can share ideas that folks have for this new game.

Well the first idea I had was to naturally just play through the LW gamebooks... (Gasp! Yes thats right, mess with the Story and replace Lone Wolf!). That is an Epic couple of campaigns right then and there, if you have a Kai Lord that is. And it would be fun to see where such a campign goes and what effect that has on Magnumund in later years. If not, then the gamebooks mention lots of events where Lone Wolf just passes though and never is really a part of, the Darklord invasion is just too much fun a time period to completely pass upon (IMO).

The second idea I had was for running a game after the Kai Monastery was rebuilt, beginning perhaps a new chapter in the Magnamund tale. I was thinking of perhaps another kind of epic War tale much like the Darklord Invasion, since every player I know loves to be involved in these sorts of games (And be central to them too!).

Anyway, I was thinking about using either An Elder Magi, corrupted while trying cleanse the Darklands or through a living nightmare sent unto him by a Nadzaranim(sp?) ritual. Or a renegade Shianti (I am toying with the idea of being trapped in the Daziarn for thousands of years and being corrupted by the Chaos War, who finally escapes to Magnumund). This kind of story works well because it gives a clear reason for all of the classes to work together, though the buccaneers are kind of an odd class out --but still not too hard to get them involved...

I have many more ideas, but like I said they are for now just notes and will post them a few at a time to see what people think and also to see what my fellow LW brethren have come up with. Its nice to see that there are indeed others eagerly awaiting this LW release too... ;)

Arandur

I too have been toying around with the idea of playing through the original 12 game books and replacing Lone Wolf with another Kai Lord. I know, some might consider that sacriledge, but hey, drama doesn't come cheap.

Though my other idea involves the Cener Druids and a little artifact known as the Moonstone... but that one is still in the development stages :twisted:

Paido has also started a thread with the same idea here; So I thought it is a far better idea to collect the ideas in a single thread than spread them across two...

I moved your post as a quote also Adgramaine, I hope you don't mind... ;)

Arandur

Back