A

Anonymous

Blind Thy Eyes (Prestignation)

V S
Cost: 1 pp
Casting Time: 1 standard Action
Range: 120 Feet (no range penalties)
Duration: Instantaneous
Prerequistites: Conjuration, Telekenisis, Scholar level 3.
Materials: One pinch of blue devil powder (skelos)
Save: Reflex
MAB: Sets DC for save

Taking out a fistful of blue devils flame in one hand, the sorceror intones a brief incatation, causing the mass in his hand to crackle with a blue light. He then opens his palm towards any foe within a range of 120 feet (range of tk spell), and upon a successful ranged touch attack,and a blue sphere of congeleated power streaks forth and into the eyes of said foe. The victim then makes a reflex save vs the DC set by the sorceror's magik attk roll.

If he is successful, the spell misses, and thus has no effect. If the victim of the spell is unsuccessful, he is blinded for a 2D4 rounds.

This spell is a favorite among Khitan sorcerors, who find it a useful way of taking out archers and bowmen, before moving in to deliver either deadlier touch spells, engage in hand to hand combat, or simply walk past the blinded victim. They also find is useful when confronting opposing sorcerors of greater power then themselves, since it negates a sorcerors ability to engage in a war of souls.

The material component for this spell is a pinch of blue devils flame, as described in the scroll of skelos. (300 sp)

I would appreciate some feedback (+ or -); especially from vincentdarlage, since I hear from the bloodvine that he wrote some spells for an issue of signs and portents.

Ayi yi! SOME feedback would be nice. Overpowered? Under? Useful? (haven't used it meself), etc etc.

Man talk about a tufff crowd. :shock:

Don't see why you need to use a spell selection for something you can pretty much do with the teliknisis spell and a bit o' the blue devils flame already.

Its a bit redundent.

Xex said:
Man talk about a tufff crowd. :shock:

Yup, they certainly are TUFF ENOUGH! LOL! Anyway, your spell seems fine. I can't find any flaws with it myself. My GM has allowed me to use this spell in his PBAIM/PBICQ Conan game, and if it was broken he'd have said something by now.

rook111 said:
Don't see why you need to use a spell selection for something you can pretty much do with the teliknisis spell and a bit o' the blue devils flame already.

Its a bit redundent.

That is because used that way it does not blind. (i.e. the effect would be same as if you had tossed the bdf by hand)

Thats great golem. Give your narrator a nice pat on the head for being such a good lad. I have plenty of ideas for more spells, and I'll be posting them soon. Especially a whole new discipline. wooty wooty wooty. Look for my work to come in official mongoose publications soon as well, when the gooses realize talent like me should not be posting stuff for free!

Its one dose (300sp worth).

Foe: :shock:

Spellcaster: :twisted: *casts spell*

Foe: :x

Back