Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Man they suck, they so need more weapons

• Man they suck, they so need more turning arcs

• Man they suck, they soo need the Stealth stat

• Total voters
yes they have good beams but this aside tahts about all they got really. generally low hull numbers or less interceptors. secondaries are ok when you have them.
theres only a ship or 2 you could really complain about, the prefect should be a 2 beam ship, basically a centurion with more armour but slower.
the tertius as a brawler should have its beams dropped to 3 or 4AD.
and thats about it IMO, yes people will complain about the sullust yet again but its an armour 5 one trick pony. if complain about the sullust well tehres the hyperion has same beam and more secondaries, theres the drakh light cruiser with one less beam bu GEG and better secondaries.
remember the centauri are supposed to be the next advanced after the minbari, raid level is where they excel.
the vorchan and its variants (including demos) need more damage and crew tho.

katadder said:
yes they have good beams but this aside tahts about all they got really. generally low hull numbers or less interceptors. secondaries are ok when you have them.
theres only a ship or 2 you could really complain about, the prefect should be a 2 beam ship, basically a centurion with more armour but slower.
the tertius as a brawler should have its beams dropped to 3 or 4AD.
and thats about it IMO, yes people will complain about the sullust yet again but its an armour 5 one trick pony. if complain about the sullust well tehres the hyperion has same beam and more secondaries, theres the drakh light cruiser with one less beam bu GEG and better secondaries.
remember the centauri are supposed to be the next advanced after the minbari, raid level is where they excel.
the vorchan and its variants (including demos) need more damage and crew tho.
I almost agree with everything here other than your point that the Sulust isn't (slightly) overpowered because it's a one trick pony - the trick works too well. Also, I actually do think the Drakh Light Cruiser is overpowered too. The Prefect fix is OK but both the Prefect and Centurion need tagging back to their tourney list damage rating of 30 (I know the Prefect isn't in the tourney list).

On top of this, the Centauri have several ships that need bumping up too such as the Kutai, Haven, Demos, Secundus, etc.

Went for No way but there are a couple ships the Tertius, Prefect that are just wrong. The Tourney stats had it about right, Vorchan & Demos need a little tweak. Haven , Kutai need a lot.

Are you guys kidding? The Centauri are hella weak dude! Give 'em more beams, hull, hits, and maybe stealth and GEG and maybe they would be worth playing....hmm...what fleet do I play? Oh I've been collecting a few Centauri ships I suppose...just cause I like the look though naturally ;)

Problem with Centauri is really just too good beams, coupled with a good initiative. They are better than a fleet reliant on Boresights, not sure how they compare to a fleet without.
A few less dice on the beams of some ships (Prefect, Sullust, Tertius... Hm, Mr Allen, round up the usual suspects! :D ) is all they really need.

Of course I don't play Centauri so I might be biased...

:wink:

the problem with the one trick ponys is the enemy APTE and thats it LDTD found with his primus against the narn in the campaign, yes having a beam is nice but once you get up close and personal the primus is soo much junk.

A forward arc beam and a boresight arc beam of the same AD really aren't equal. Even assuming the boresight can always be lined up, there's almost no chance you can go on CAFP with it. Long range, F arc beams are easy to CAFP with, possibly for multiple turns, on most any target the CAFP would be needed for (hull 6 or a tough hull 5)

BTW F arced beams get the combination of APTE and still be able to fire. Or Come about for something in yer back and fire without losing the full turn.

I think weaponwise Cents are about ok. But some ships needa little scaling back on damage, not necessarily the hull value. (thats why i didnt vote)

And some ships need ALOT of help.

You can't CAF your beam if you want to turn. Play against with more than two games udner his belt and you'll use that CAF maybe once or twice in a game, on one or two ships at best.

Well for my defense ^^ i do possess an Oct and have played both SFOS and Tourney lists.

And yes you will not CAF very often, but it happens often enough. And rarely enough for boresight beams.

And the damage value only should go down a little bit on certain ships like the prefect. Not by much no, just a little. But there are alot more ships in the fleet that need a boost, than those in need of a little finetuning.

Oh yes its not a big problem, rarther it is just a little finetuning. Unlike the glaring Sag :S

Our group sorted all the CAF by having the hull drop by 1. Made you think about it. CAF is deadly with Centauri since most our firepower is Fwd facing and other arcs are not good. There is not that much need to turn as if concertrated on their baddest ships. A Primus will almost kick a G'Quan everytime even up close because it will be crited out of game with no interceptors. It's the Corvans and CAF which makes Centauri tough and the tactics are dead simple. If you can outflank a Centauri fleet it could be trouble.

Lord David the Denied said:
You mean the unpickable Demos, Kutai and Morgrath? They just need fine-tuning, right? Like, double hit points, upgraded weapons, that kind of fine tuning?
Pretty much as you say!!! The Morgrath isn't that bad but the Demos, Kutai and Haven are all unpickable with the Morgrath, Secundus and basic Altarin all in need of a little extra love. I tell you, the Centauri are just like 3rd edition 40k Eldar! A few careful tweaks here and there and they'd be a lovely fleet to play as I already think their style is fun and evocative to play :)

And yes, people are right there are a few ships in other fleets that need tweaking too but the Centauri and the ISA have probably the highest proportion of unpickable/overpickable ships.

Depends on the ships really. Generally speaking Centauri vessels aren't as out of whack as certain skirmish level missle launchers favored by a primitive race that doesn't even have artificial gravity, but on the other hand a lot of their ships are either a tad too strong(Sullust, Tertius) or noticably too weak(Haven, Kutai, etc). Part of the problem is that the high end Centauri ships tend to have some nasty beam weapons with lots of dice, good range, and a forward arc. It's rarely durability that's a problem. It's beams. Lots of beams.

On the opposite end you have the crap like the Haven. Why the heck would anyone take a Haven? Is there a patrol level ship out there that's worse than this pile of crud? There are some patrol ships I'd chose before the Haven even if you were giving me two Havens at the cost of one Patrol point. It's that bad. The other crappy Centauri ships aren't quite as bad but they're still really crappy.

The Centauri do have quite a few balanced ships. You just never see them because of the unbalanced ones. Why take a good ship when you can take a borderline broken ship? And definately why take a crappy ship when you can take a borderline broken ship or if not that a good ship?

Voronesh said:
And the damage value only should go down a little bit on certain ships like the prefect. Not by much no, just a little. But there are alot more ships in the fleet that need a boost, than those in need of a little finetuning.

why? the prefect if any should go up a litte in damage if it became an armoured centurion. the nova has more damage than the centurion, and the "fragile" minbar arnt that far below. only fix prefect needs is to have the same weapons as a centurion, as then it is actually an armoured centurion which means you have to pick speed/manouvreability or hull 6.
same with tertius just needs its beams dropping a little so it can be the brawler its supposed to be. 4AD rest of weapons stay as is, or 3AD the twin arrays become same as primus but plasma stays the same.

the tertius and prefect are unbelieveable compared to ships of their equivalent level

while I agree some ships do need to be improved it doesnt wash with me that it makes the fleet list as a whole fair.

I could almost understand making boresight beams stronger relative to forward arc beams to compensate for the times you cant shoot but as it seems to be the other way round, well I admit it I feel rather hard done by with my Omegas compared to the Primus or god forbid a Tertius.

Well the weakr unpickable shipüs need more finetuning than the borderline broken ones.

And if the Prefect goes up in damage ill be using it as a Narn ship.

Katadder you compare a hull6 ship against hull5 ships on the damage. Not a good idea. Plus compare a Rothan versus a Prefect. There is a definite loser there.

Back