Age Dreamed OF....

Strom

Mongoose
excuse me while I rant....

But this is a age I dreamed of ...an age where Conan is available and the sky is the limit. Thanks to Mongoose we have the ultimate Conan Role Playing Game, a game I never thought I would see in my lifetime. One that utilizes actual elements and feats from REH's stories. The new Conan comic is on fire and true to REH's concept. There is a new Conan videogame coming out!! This forum is filled with creative and knowledgeable people who love Conan and REH! The excitement is palpable!

Sure Conan has always been popular but this seems unprecedented and I remember the days when Conan wasn't available in comics form, the book store only had pastiches and there was no Conan at the FLGS, and you had to pretend Baldurs Gate barbarian was named Conan! Those days are gone and as a longtime REH fan and Conan collector and all around fanatic I say Thank Crom!

And Matt Sprange and Mongoose!

Strom
Gunderman

[/list][/url][/quote] " Conan? Isn't he the Terminator?" FLGS RPG Clerk *GROAN*
:evil:
 

Mythos

Mongoose
As one of the moderators for the conan.com website, I can tell you that CPI is not finished yet. New books and things that I am not allowed to talk about ... yet. Just wait till later this year and on through the next.
 

Mythos

Mongoose
An example of what is comming later this year can be found at;

http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=12338
 

Strom

Mongoose
Thanks Mythos! How could I have forgotten about the McFarlane action figures!?! Gonna re-enact the beginning of "The Frost Giants Daughter" with that Vanir Warrior!

Hey Mythos, as a long time Conan fan who would often wonder why CPI was so quiet for so long (or maybe you weren't but I missed somethings, perhaps overseas?), what has changed that there is so much exposure now? Was there a change in personnel or a legality?

The diversity of the exposure is what is exciting to me! If it was just a comic book reintroduction, I would be happy, but with the RPG and other things it seems to be the Year of the Barbarian!

Strom
 

Mythos

Mongoose
Strom said:
Hey Mythos, as a long time Conan fan who would often wonder why CPI was so quiet for so long (or maybe you weren't but I missed somethings, perhaps overseas?), what has changed that there is so much exposure now? Was there a change in personnel or a legality?
Strom
The big difference has been a change in the ownership. CPI was bought by Paradox Entertainment. The new owners decided that, unlike the previous, Conan was a character who's time had returned.
New deals with a variety of companies has allowed everybodies favorite Cimmerian to emerge back onto the cultural landscape in a big way.
The trade paperback of orginal Conan stories currently ranks as the number 3 seller in sci-fi and fantasy books, pre-orders for the fourth issue of the new comic are greater then what they were for issue one, and Mongoose will tell you that the rpg is one of their biggest sellers ever.
All this helps to show that there is still an interest in both Conan and REH.
 

Yokiboy

Mongoose
Mythos said:
The big difference has been a change in the ownership. CPI was bought by Paradox Entertainment.
I'm glad to see that Fredrik Malmberg and crew have managed to acquire such a nice license. I should've known that Swedes were behind this. :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy
 

Ordovician

Mongoose
Yokiboy said:
I'm glad to see that Fredrik Malmberg and crew have managed to acquire such a nice license. I should've known that Swedes were behind this. :D

Not Swedes. They're Aesir, the descendants of Njal's band... ;)
 

Mythos

Mongoose
Anyone wondering about what the upcoming Conan line of action figures might look like? Then check out these two figures from another of McFarlane's line up;

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1482

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2125
 

Strom

Mongoose
Mythos said:

Anyone wondering about what the upcoming Conan line of action figures might look like? Then check out these two figures from another of McFarlane's line up;

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1482

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2125

Thanks for the links!

Savagely beautiful! Conan v. Attila… Nuff said!
 

Thoth Aw C'mon

Mongoose
There is a new Conan videogame coming out!!

When is the video game coming out? Wasnt it suppose to be out soon? When its out I'll have to wade thru 2d6 screaming brats at the local gamestop to grab a copy... I heard for most of the game you just push that grain grinder around... Heh heh...But seriously, can't wait 'till its out.
 

Mythos

Mongoose
Currently the new video game has been released in Europe. At this time there still is no distributor for the US market. :evil:
 

Cranus

Mongoose
Well, I agree with others sentiments on how recent Conan push is a good thing.

BTW, Mythos, when will you be able to mention these upcoming projects?
 

Mythos

Mongoose
Cranus said:
BTW, Mythos, when will you be able to mention these upcoming projects?
CPI has a policy that I'm required to follow.
Simply put, we are not allowed to reveil any upcoming Conan merchandise untill the manufacturer has made either a statement or had a press release. Since I mod the offical site, I'm required to abide by this policy.

Having said this, I can tell you that there are plans to have a DTV release of an animated Conan movie. It is hoped that it will be released by Christmas of 2005. The first will be an adaptation of the story, Red Nails.

Additional offical releases can be found at www.conan.com
 

Coil

Mongoose
Yokiboy said:
I'm glad to see that Fredrik Malmberg and crew have managed to acquire such a nice license. I should've known that Swedes were behind this. :D

I'm quite happy since I own a few shares in Paradox, which means I own a piece of Conan (a very, very, very small piece though). :)
 

Mythos

Mongoose
Thoth Aw C'mon said:
When is the video game coming out? Wasnt it suppose to be out soon?
Just found out that a North Amercian release is planned. If all goes well the game should be here in either august or September. :lol:
 

Yokiboy

Mongoose
Mythos said:
Having said this, I can tell you that there are plans to have a DTV release of an animated Conan movie. It is hoped that it will be released by Christmas of 2005. The first will be an adaptation of the story, Red Nails.
Sounds interesting, it's off to Conan.com then...

TTFN,

Yokiboy
 
Top