ACtA B5 game pics

l33tpenguin

Mongoose
So, I'm teaching my kid and his cousin to play ACtA, since I have a rather decent sized EA fleet and a handful of other ships; Shadows, Narn, Vorlon, ISA. Played a FFA game yesterday, managed to remember to take some pictures of it.

The game was a random draw, 2 Battle, 1 Raid, 2 Skirmish, 3 Patrol. I took all my ship cards, mixed them up and we took turns drawing ships.

Fleets were:
Mine -
1x Marathon
1x Apollo
1x Shadow Scout
2x Chronos
2x Blue Stars
1x Firebolt wing

1024.jpg

Kid -
1x Omega
1x Apollo
1x Shadow Scout
1x Artemis
1x Olympus
1x Shadow Cloak
1x Firebolt wing
1x Shadow Fighter wing

1024.jpg

Cousin -
2x Omega
1x Delphi
1x Artemis
1x Olympus
1x Shadow Cloak
1x Black Omega wing
1x Thunderbolt wing

1024.jpg

Early on my kid split his forces against the two of us, coming at both sides full steam, rather than committing to one or holding back. I had planned on engaging both of them, but this committed me to moving the full force of my fleet against what was headed my way. That pretty much sealed his doom as he didn't have the firepower to go toe to toe on two fronts. Carnage ensued, he dealt some good damage against his cousin, but I managed to avoid almost everything. By the time I had reduced my half of his fleet to burned out hulks, he had only scored a handful of damage against any of my ships (single digits, even :p )

1024.jpg

Meanwhile his cousin had done a good job of tearing up his other flank, though the Apollo had scored some impressive damage, one Omega was nearly crippled, the rest of the ships had smatterings of damage.

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

The Apollo was still fighting back when I turned my attention to the other side of the game board. Which was impressive considering the number of boresights from Omegas it had received.

The only ship I lost the whole game happened here in the image below. You can see my Chronos pair slightly to above and to the left of the center of the table. In the middle you can see my Shadow Scout going toe to toe against an Olympus. Over damage from the two Chronos turned the Olympus into a fireball that took out my nearby Blue Star. Opps.

1024.jpg

With my mostly untouched fleet closing in on the remaining ships, we called it a night and had dinner.

1024.jpg

Great battle report and some nice pictures! I bet it got confusing though, with everyone having a mixed bag fleet - for example, how did you keep track of which Shadow Scout was which? ;)

I think we ate about 10. With plenty of daylight left. Though it has been overcast.

The scouts were easy enough to keep track of. In the second turn my kid's scout gutted his cousin's Artemis. But he over extended it and it withered the full firepower of his cousin's fleet. It died in turn three, shortly after the Artemis exploded.

Since they are both so new, and young, I'm going to try a 2v1 battle. I need to get my ISA built, as well as my Shadow Omegas so we have more diversity.

lol, maybe. I only have 3 Shadow Omegas and a couple painted White Stars.

I was thinking 2v1, with a 2v1.5 total ratio, so I have more ships than either one of them alone, but together they have a larger fleet. Considering the way I came out of the last game, it doesn't seem too poorly matched. Also, they will be getting 2 activations to my one. I will have the advantage in initiative sinks :D

I'll make sure to take better pictures next time. I really need to repaint my game surface too...

You take Shadows, they take ISA and Vorlons. If they win, they then fight each other. :)

Or you could take Narn, one of them takes EA 3rd Age and the other takes EA Crusade - it's not as "historically" accurate but it could be fun anyway. If they win then they get to fight the Earth Civil War.

Sadly, I have no Vorlons. And my ISA are mostly unbuilt/painted. The majority of my finished models are EA. And, while I wouldn't mind counters, I'm playing with two teenage boys. And they want to play with the minis. But can you really blame them? I mean, whats more fun, paper or models?

l33tpenguin said:
Sadly, I have no Vorlons. And my ISA are mostly unbuilt/painted. The majority of my finished models are EA. And, while I wouldn't mind counters, I'm playing with two teenage boys. And they want to play with the minis. But can you really blame them? I mean, whats more fun, paper or models?
I mentioned Vorlons because of this:
l33tpenguin said:
So, I'm teaching my kid and his cousin to play ACtA, since I have a rather decent sized EA fleet and a handful of other ships; Shadows, Narn, Vorlon, ISA.
;)

There's still the Narn vs. 2 x EA choice. Or, if the Narn are also waiting for work, you definitely have at least two Shadow scouts, so you could give the boys each 3 Skirmish worth of EA.

Weird... I have no idea why I would have typed Vorlon. Maybe I was just musing, since I'd love a fleet of them.

I think I meant to write Psi-Corp. Because I have those. But not Vorlon. I can see how I could easily mistake Psi-Corp for Vorlon... err..

So, ANYWAY...

Man, i need to convince work I need another work trip to AK. Get some more gaming in while im there. Haven't done b5 in like 2.5 years.
:shock:

Good to see people still playing. I've got perhaps 300 ships (Dilgar, Vree, Minbari, and a bunch of mixed ships) but no one to play against. My usual gaming group was interested in playing for a while (I had a nice setup in my finished basement) but we haven't played in like 9 or 10 months and I finally put everything away.

Back