ActA at Gaelcon!

Lorcan Nagle

Mongoose
(somewhat of a crossposting, but i hope you'll forgive me!)

For those who don't know, Gaelcon is the largest games con in Ireland, running the last weekend in October each year. It's invariably a fun weekend, and we do our best to offer a mix of the most popular games as well as stuff that's not as well known but might be interesting.

And this year we're offering much Mongoose goodness for all and sundry. On Saturday there's a Babylon 5: A Call To Arms Tournament, Sunday sees a day of BF:Evo demonstration and Participation games, and Monday has a BF:Evo tournament and SST:Evo demonstration games (using SST v1 minis if the game's not out by then :D)

I'll be dropping various updates into the thread in the near future as our plans finalise, but for now we're intending for the tourney to be 5 point raid, using 2nd ed rules so long as they're out before the end of September (to give players a month to buy and read the rules). Other than that we're intending to use the tourney pack's scoring and scenario rules.

More details on the con itself can be found at http://www.gaelcon.com and even if you don't dig on ActA, I heartily recommend it as a fun weekend. A few Mongeese made it over last year and had a ball.

Happy days. I'll be there, all being well.

One suggeston though is to make the Tourney a 1 point Armageddon. We did this at Q-con and it worked fantastically. Helps stop swarm fleets and gives a great variety in Fleets.

Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing the NI crew again (and anyone else who makes it over). i've been considering the 1 point Armageddeon list instead, I may do some testing of fleets at that level in the next few weeks and see how it goes

I recommend 1pt Armageddon too, it sounds a bit weird at first but it really works. I'll see if we can come over again, Gaelcon was great last year :)

And it could be even better this year, there's the possibility of a stripper :D
But I'll talk more on that later :p

Lorcan, definitely look into the 1 Armageddon. It really does work well. Have a look at the Q-con thread if you can find t to get a basic rundown of how the fleets were made up and see how things played.

Yup, count me in as well for this! Gaelcon was fantastic last year, and yes, there is most definitely the possibility of a stripper this time round! 8)

Just bumping this back up as a reminder. Given that the second Edition rules are out now, shipping (and I should have my copy on Friday), we'll be going with 2e rules for the tourney. I'll make my decision on fleet composition in the next week.

Back