Gateway Domain Campaign Adventure 1: Homecoming

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Darren66
Cub

Gateway Domain Campaign Adventure 1: Homecoming

Postby Darren66 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi guys.

I’m after a product, Gateway Domain Campaign Adventure 1: Homecoming. I understand it was written by Martin J Doherty. Haven’t had any luck locating it online or any of the online stores. Anyone have an idea where I can purchase a copy please?
M J Dougherty
Banded Mongoose

Re: Gateway Domain Campaign Adventure 1: Homecoming

Postby M J Dougherty » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:24 pm

You should not be able to buy it. If someone is selling it, the author (me) is not benefiting.

There is a longer story, but the short version is that Homecoming is one of the products I wrote for QLI which was not paid for. I released it under the Avenger license but was forced to remove it from sale. QLI had, I was told, an exclusive license for the Gateway region though this was never confirmed by Marc Miller. In short, QLI never had the right to publish Homecoming as they did not complete their end of the deal (to pay for it) and the text remains my copyright. I hope to do something with it one day.
phavoc
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby phavoc » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:18 pm

Are you able to sell it directly to people who wish to see you benefit from your work?
M J Dougherty
Banded Mongoose

Postby M J Dougherty » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 pm

I would like to rework it someday to be useful with Mongoose Traveller, but that requires quite a major revision and a setting to put it in.
andreav
Stoat

Postby andreav » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Homecoming is a good adventure. Sadly it introduced a seventh major race to the setting and when I wrote Luriani I had to completely overwrite it in canon due to that fact. I did attempt when writing Luriani to cast the overwrite as "secret knowledge" to allow individual GMs to ignore the overwrite if they wished. I would really like to see Martin do something with it.
Nicole