Mongoose Publishing and Amazon UK IT FR DE ES

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
Baldo
Mongoose

Mongoose Publishing and Amazon UK IT FR DE ES

Postby Baldo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm a strong Amazon customer, and I have bought goods from all the various Amazon stores in Europe. However, most printed books from Mongoose Publishing are NOT available from Amazon here in Europe, and I VERY rarely go to Amazon.com (because of shipping charges and customs tariffs). I do know Mongoose has an online shop (I've created an account there too), but what is the problem with Amazon in Europe?
msprange
Site Admin

Re: Mongoose Publishing and Amazon UK IT FR DE ES

Postby msprange » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm

In a nutshell, it is very expensive for us. We have a few titles in the UK store but we really don't get the best of deals with Amazon, if you get my meaning.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 pm

msprange wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm
In a nutshell, it is very expensive for us.
What about releasing Print-On-Demand books through Amazon then?
Some time ago, Steve Jackson Games started doing this with great success/sales (yep, new SJG customer here :wink: ), and I've noticed you DO have a few POD books* on sale.
Is Amazon "very expensive" for PODs too?

*Back in October 2012, you said "We plan to, eventually, have (Print-on-Demand) on all titles!"... Any news?
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 am

The POD system we are using is Drivethru - we have a lot of back catalogue books already converted, but with 600-odd titles, this is not a quick job by any stretch!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Returned home from a short vacation, started surfing Amazon.it for a few things I need and... WHAT?! Element Class Cruisers Blueprints (€28,89) and Naval Adventure 1: Shakedown Cruise (€8,56) on sale HERE? :shock:
Needed some time to overcome the shock first (really!), but managed to grab all the available books (2 only).

Is this:

A): A sign of things to come;
B): A sign of bad sales;
C): A sign I'm sorely deluded if I keep thinking EU customers would better served when/if Mongoose starts selling PODs and new books alike on Amazon.DE-ES-FR-IT-UK ? :P
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Not really any of those:)

The reason those titles are on EU Amazon (and the Great Rift) is because we have a decent stock of them here in the UK, so they can be supplied to Amazon relatively painlessly. Other titles... not so much.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:11 am

msprange wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm
The reason those titles are on EU Amazon (and the Great Rift)...
Yes and no. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mongoose+t ... nb_sb_noss

Waited a few days for developments, but only Amazon UK has the various Great Rift titles (and the Naval stuff) available for order, Amazon DE-ES-FR-IT have Islands in the Rift and Flatlined only (I'm not counting the independent shops selling on Amazon here).

For those interested, the Amazon shop with the current lowest prices is Amazon.it :D , got Islands in the Rift for €8,51 and Flatlined for €8,45. In addition, Amazon mailed me Element Class Cruisers Blueprints and Shakedown Cruise with NO physical damage to the books (Amazon book packaging is flimsy, usually), for €37,45 TOTAL :shock: only (now I understand why Matt said Amazon sales are "very expensive for us").
Moppy
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Moppy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Baldo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:11 am
for €8,45. In addition, Amazon mailed me Element Class Cruisers Blueprints and Shakedown Cruise with NO physical damage to the books (Amazon book packaging is flimsy, usually)
At least, this applies for paperback fiction - Amazon packaging is fine but 3rd party sellers selling via Amazon don't always pack properly (look who it's sold by). They learn fast if you contact support, because Amazon does NOT like poor quality packing for its merchants. Amazon pays the merchant a rebate of just under 3€ for packaging a paperback, and they expect the merchant to use that for packing instead of pocketing it.
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:16 am

Baldo wrote:
Amazon DE-ES-FR-IT have Islands in the Rift and Flatlined only...
Deepnight Endeavour is available in the EU stores since last week (got a copy for €9,74), and a few days ago Amazon also added (still empty) pages for Mission to Mithril and The Calixcuel Incident.
My money is ready :) .
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Baldo wrote:
msprange wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm
The reason those titles are on EU Amazon (and the Great Rift)...
Yes and no. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mongoose+t ... nb_sb_noss

Waited a few days for developments, but only Amazon UK has the various Great Rift titles...
A few days ago EU Amazon added The Great Rift Boxed Set to the stock (2 books), but with different prices: *100 EUROS* for Italy ( :shock: No thanks), 64-66 in France and Germany and...

https://www.amazon.es/Traveller-Great-R ... oks&sr=1-3

...30,73 ONLY for Spain (add 7 euros If you live elsewhere in the EU). Got my copy a few minutes ago (37,73 is a good price), one more boxed set is available if anyone is interested :wink: ...