[Freelance Traveller] March/April 2019 Available for Download!

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
FreeTrav
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

[Freelance Traveller] March/April 2019 Available for Download!

Postby FreeTrav » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:00 pm

The March/April 2019 issue of Freelance Traveller is posted for download!

This issue's triple feature focusses on legendary consulting detective Sherlock Holmes and his trade: Timothy Collinson has provided a character profile for Mr Holmes, a set of career tables for a Consulting Detective for Mongoose Traveller, and a colletion of adventure seeds for using a Consulting Detective.

Also in this issue is the usual mix of reviews, rules, beasts, characters, adventures, and so on that you, the Traveller community, have been kind enough to create and share!

Download this issue at the usual place:
https://www.freelancetraveller.com/magazine/

Perma-link to this issue:
https://www.freelancetraveller.com/magazine/2019-0304/
Jeff Zeitlin
Editor, Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Magazine and Resource
HalC
Mongoose

Re: [Freelance Traveller] March/April 2019 Available for Download!

Postby HalC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:31 am

Dumb question if I might?

A while back, I spotted a very timely piece of advice from your "doing it my way" section of articles.

The article in question is/was:

Converting Worlds From Milieu 1100 to Milieu 0 (Bill Prankard) Undo 1100 years of a world's history.

My question is this: do you have your articles cross-referenced to the issue in which they stem from? I tried to find the issue that contained that article but could not find it. By the by, I've made it a point to download a few copies of your issues for viewing on my Kindle, and when I go to visit a buddy of mine, we're going to discuss an up and coming Traveller campaign set in the year 99. I have plans for the Centennial celebration of the start of the Third Imperium and for trying to figure out what worlds were in the Third Imperium and what worlds were their own solitary worlds or parts of pocket empires etc. While discussing the potential for adventure on other worlds, I shocked the daylights out of him by pointing out that if his ship touches down on a non-Imperial world, there is no exterritorial boundary - that prices won't be standardized, and that starships with ten turrets (City Class Heavy Freighter with aft, starboard, and port cargo holds separated from each other - lifting body, 1.5 K dTon hull, etc) might be imposing enough to keep some of the states more "honest" in their dealings than they might have been with a mere 200 dTon hull.

Point is - I found what I wanted from your site and would love to find out what issue (if any) that article came from. I'd like to be able to have a pdf copy of that if possible. :)

For what it is worth, I printed your article to PDF, but it looks less than ascetically pleasing, as the printer version of it cuts into the tables etc.

Hal
FreeTrav
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby FreeTrav » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:02 pm

If you download the Consolidated Index document, you'll find every article that's been in a PDF magazine listed alphabetically within its section heading, along with the issue number and page within the issue. The article you are interested in, however, has not (yet) been reprinted in the magazine format; many articles predate Freelance-Traveller-as-a-magazine; I go back as a website to at least 1995, possibly even longer, but the PDF magazine only dates back to 2010. I'm still doing 'picks' for the May/June 2019 issue, so you can expect to see that article cleaned up and reprinted for that issue. :mrgreen:
Jeff Zeitlin
Editor, Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Magazine and Resource
HalC
Mongoose

Postby HalC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:14 am

FreeTrav wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:02 pm
If you download the Consolidated Index document, you'll find every article that's been in a PDF magazine listed alphabetically within its section heading, along with the issue number and page within the issue. The article you are interested in, however, has not (yet) been reprinted in the magazine format; many articles predate Freelance-Traveller-as-a-magazine; I go back as a website to at least 1995, possibly even longer, but the PDF magazine only dates back to 2010. I'm still doing 'picks' for the May/June 2019 issue, so you can expect to see that article cleaned up and reprinted for that issue. :mrgreen:
Sweet. :)

By the by - would you by chance have Jon F. Zeigler's email? Seeing as you've been involved with Traveller all these years (a familiar name to say the least), I'm hoping you do have his email address. If not, no biggie. In any event, just wanted to say "thank you" for the site and the articles within. I really like the conversion rules for generating First Survey data information...

When you republish that particular article, I'm going to have to download it.

Hal