New TAS Product: Fire Beyond the Border

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Old School
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

New TAS Product: Fire Beyond the Border

Postby Old School » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Noticed this was just released and moved to the top of “Community Traveller” on Drivethru. Anyone check it out yet?
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Re: New TAS Product: Fire Beyond the Border

Postby Pyromancer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm

I wrote it. ;)

It was part of an adventure series I ran as preparation for my "Pirates of Drinax" campaign, to set the scene and populate the background with details. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Pyromancer on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baldo
Mongoose

Postby Baldo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Pyromancer wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm
If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
Just a minor detail:
I'm 100% sure you read the Exocet description in The Borderland: "The dominant form of life is fungus, which grows rampantly in most areas" (page 23). However, the dig site in your free preview is located in a jungle. Is this a mistake, or you had something similar to Nausicaä's toxic jungle on mind?
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pyromancer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:31 pm

Baldo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:17 pm
I'm 100% sure you read the Exocet description in The Borderland: "The dominant form of life is fungus, which grows rampantly in most areas" (page 23). However, the dig site in your free preview is located in a jungle. Is this a mistake, or you had something similar to Nausicaä's toxic jungle on mind?
In my mind, the jungle is made up of giant (and not so giant, of course) mushrooms of different shapes, "classical" trees partly covered in fungal slime, and an undergrowth of ferns and filamentous lichen. I didn't have Nausicaä in mind, but it's a great inspiration for sure!
Old School
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Old School » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:33 am

Pyromancer wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm
I wrote it. ;)

It was part of an adventure series I ran as preparation for my "Pirates of Drinax" campaign, to set the scene and populate the background with details. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
I suppose my specific question is “Is it good enough that I should buy it?” I’m confident I know your opinion on that question. :D
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pyromancer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:36 am

Old School wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:33 am
I suppose my specific question is “Is it good enough that I should buy it?” I’m confident I know your opinion on that question. :D
Personally, I would say "yes". :)