Here is a rundown of the features:
Current Available Features
- Comes pre-populated with all the basic planetary data from TravellerMap.com for both the Trojan Reach and Spinward Marches sectors.
- Also has the relevant data for planets from the Pirates of Drinax campaign by Mongoose Publishing which includes descriptions of the planets, lists of patrons, missions, and rewards, and the planets "attitude" towards the player group.
- Includes descriptions of each value in the UWP for each planet you look up to make it easy to know what is going on.
- Includes breakdowns of the Bases, Nobility, and Trade codes into plain English
- Will render a sub-sector map and Jump 1, 2, and 3 neighborhood maps for the selected planet via integration with TravellerMap.com.
- Provides the user the ability to edit and save changes to the "System Notes" section for each planet right on the main page.
- (PoD Specific) Central location to keep track of the groups Standing with the Aslan and Imperium
- (PoD Specific) Central location to keep track of the attitude that each system has with the group.
NOTE: These are only locked so that people don't accidently mess somehting up and report a bug to me that I can't fix. This will all by unlocked once it is "released"
- Edit all the lookup tables that fill in the World Data page
- Create and add more sectors, custom sectors, and edit all the planetary info
- Editing of the Subsector background text
- Including Jump 4 and Jump 5 maps
- Reformatting to your hearts content
- Convert as much of the formulas as possible to VBA code for speed and efficiency
- Code a routine to parse/format the Raw Sector Data from TravellerMap.com into the format used for the spreadsheet
- Investigate feasibility/impact of moving back end data from the spreadsheets to a database. I think that unless someone wants to add data for more then 5-6 sectors that there is no real benefit for doing this.
--->GET FILE HERE<---
One question I expect immediately it this:
I welcome any constructive criticism, feedback, suggestions, and ideas. You can reach me by replying to this thread here, over on the COTI forums, via reddit, or the email address that is on the intro page of the file. If you just want to scream at me that my choice of colors sucks, please step through that door over there. The one that says "Air Lock" and I will be right with you.....Why is the file "protected" with a password? What are you trying to hide??!!!
The file is currently protected with a password but that is only so people can't make changes to it while it is still in testing. The last thing I need is for someone to accidentally change something then tell me a feature doesn't work and I spend days trying to figure it out. Once it is fully baked the password will be removed. If this is really a big issue for you, contact me directly.