VAS 2

Discuss the Victory at Sea range of naval games.

Moderator: rcbecker1

Brass
Mongoose

Re: VAS 2

Postby Brass » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 am

I'm sorry, but having re-read the article in State of the Mongoose, I am not convinced. I notice that Victory at Sea: Ironclads will now be coming out after VAS 2, even though it was allegedly finished and only waiting for the layout queue (how may years ago was that?). The miniatures snipe hunt seems to be over, thank (enter name of appropriate deity here), but I think we should bear in mind that six years ago the miniatures were (according to the Mongoose archives) well in hand and would be released Real Soon Now. I have gone through the articles available back to 2012 and can't find a single reference to problems or delays (except for that bothersome layout queue) and yet the game that was constantly touted as being just around the corner has never appeared as close as the end of the block. You'll excuse me if I'm less than sanguine about the arrival of VAS 2 anywhere in the near future.

Prove me wrong.
LT

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha’ bought it fair!

from "A Song of the English" - Rudyard Kipling
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:08 am

Brass wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 am
Prove me wrong.
Challenge accepted.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Garydee
Stoat

Postby Garydee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm

I can't wait to see some of the changes. I do hope the ability to make your ship invulnerable to being hit due to modifiers are a thing of the past. Example would be a destroyer with a TN of 7.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

Garydee wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm
I can't wait to see some of the changes. I do hope the ability to make your ship invulnerable to being hit due to modifiers are a thing of the past. Example would be a destroyer with a TN of 7.
That was the first thing to be changed :)

Let me get the current projects off my desk and I will arrange for a preview of the core rules for you all...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Garydee
Stoat

Postby Garydee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:09 pm

msprange wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am
Garydee wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm
That was the first thing to be changed :)

Let me get the current projects off my desk and I will arrange for a preview of the core rules for you all...
Thanks. That was one of my biggest worries.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

As promised, a preview of the core rules can be found in the playtest thread...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing