State of Legend

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1496
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am

Re: State of Legend

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 am

The Wolf wrote:I wanted to get the book sorted today :)
Does that mean that Matt will get the layout sorted tomorrow so that I have something new to read next week ;)
soltakss
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby soltakss » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 pm

warlock1971 wrote:I am curious as to whether or not the Open GL has lead to an increase in Third Parties signing up to write books for the Legend system? I am aware of the Age of Treason books, obviously, but was wondering about any others.
When I manage to get some free time and can get my finger out, then I'll start producing some Alternate/Mythic Earth supplements for Legend. I'm not sure what, when or how, though ...
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/index.html
http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
Alternate Earth: http://alternateearthrq.soltakss.com/index.html
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1496
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am

Re: State of Legend

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 pm

soltakss wrote:When I manage to get some free time and can get my finger out, then I'll start producing some Alternate/Mythic Earth supplements for Legend. I'm not sure what, when or how, though ...
That would be awesome - you can never have too many historical sourcebooks.
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: UK - England
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby The Wolf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Prime_Evil wrote:
The Wolf wrote:I wanted to get the book sorted today :)
Does that mean that Matt will get the layout sorted tomorrow so that I have something new to read next week ;)
Heh, on that I can't answer :)
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14741
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: State of Legend

Postby msprange » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Prime_Evil wrote: Does that mean that Matt will get the layout sorted tomorrow so that I have something new to read next week ;)
Time is getting short, but we are aiming to get the PDF up on Drivethru before Christmas!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1496
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am

Re: State of Legend

Postby Prime_Evil » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 pm

msprange wrote:
Prime_Evil wrote: Does that mean that Matt will get the layout sorted tomorrow so that I have something new to read next week ;)
Time is getting short, but we are aiming to get the PDF up on Drivethru before Christmas!
That would be awesome if you can do it!
dmccoy1693
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1278
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby dmccoy1693 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:15 am

As a Legend Compatible publisher, I released a pair of Legend products. So far they have sold ok and I am willing to work on more, but I am wondering what kinds of products players are interested in?
Bifford
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby Bifford » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm

dmccoy1693 wrote:As a Legend Compatible publisher, I released a pair of Legend products. So far they have sold ok and I am willing to work on more, but I am wondering what kinds of products players are interested in?
Got an URL and details....?
rust
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:17 pm
Location: Sonthofen / Germany

Re: State of Legend

Postby rust » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Bifford wrote: Got an URL and details....?
He most probably means this one:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... +of+beasts

... and this one:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... 9?src=s_pi
Bifford
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby Bifford » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 pm

Ah yeah, I had seen those :D

Thanks Rust :)
Chorpa
Shrew
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:28 am

Re: State of Legend

Postby Chorpa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 am

Well for me I mostly look for a good source of genric Cults, Factions and Cult and ofcourse Adventures that I can adapt and slide into my homebrew campaign.

New settings are generally a big no for me except maybe small ones like a single country that I can incorporate into my own campaign world without having to completely change the rest of the world.
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1496
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am

Re: State of Legend

Postby Prime_Evil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Chorpa wrote:Well for me I mostly look for a good source of genric Cults, Factions and Cult and ofcourse Adventures that I can adapt and slide into my homebrew campaign.

New settings are generally a big no for me except maybe small ones like a single country that I can incorporate into my own campaign world without having to completely change the rest of the world.
Small-scale sandbox settings might be useful - a village or border fort with a number of local adventure locations fleshed out with a page or two of information each. Alternatively, a hexcrawl style product in the tradition of the old Judges Guild products, but covering a much smaller area. I'd recommend differentiating such products from similar D20 products by aiming for a different feel - instead of a generic medieval setting, try aiming for a swords and sorcery insetting instead that borrows tropes from Robert E. Howard, Fritz Leiber, Clark Ashton Smith, and H.P. Lovecraft.
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am
Location: South Africa

Re: State of Legend

Postby warlock1971 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 am

Prime_Evil wrote:
Chorpa wrote:Well for me I mostly look for a good source of genric Cults, Factions and Cult and ofcourse Adventures that I can adapt and slide into my homebrew campaign.

New settings are generally a big no for me except maybe small ones like a single country that I can incorporate into my own campaign world without having to completely change the rest of the world.
Small-scale sandbox settings might be useful - a village or border fort with a number of local adventure locations fleshed out with a page or two of information each. Alternatively, a hexcrawl style product in the tradition of the old Judges Guild products, but covering a much smaller area. I'd recommend differentiating such products from similar D20 products by aiming for a different feel - instead of a generic medieval setting, try aiming for a swords and sorcery insetting instead that borrows tropes from Robert E. Howard, Fritz Leiber, Clark Ashton Smith, and H.P. Lovecraft.
I like what Prime_Evil is saying. I think there is a lot of value in a book like Skarr, and it is easily inserted in to your own setting.
vonschlick
Cub
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Re: State of Legend

Postby vonschlick » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Did Pirates of Legend ever get updated?
danskmacabre
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 pm
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby danskmacabre » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:25 am

I would buy a NEW stock fantasy setting 100% compatible with Legend.

It doesn't have to be a really big fully fleshed out world that's 500 pages long..
But should have a few scenarios, some villages, a couple of cities, a worldmap.
gods set out and stuff.
Races set out, character gen guidelines, GM advice, a Bestiary specific to the world if there are world specific beasts.

I know there's other settings that can be used and adapted, but TBH I'm not that interested in them (Glorantha, Xoth, whatever).
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: UK - England
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby The Wolf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 am

It would be a darn sight easier to do it from scratch than convert from d20, I can tell you that. Not as though I don't have fun with Xoth and Spider God's Bride.
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2087
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Re: State of Legend

Postby Loz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:22 pm

I would buy a NEW stock fantasy setting 100% compatible with Legend.
Would 95% do? If so, 'Book of Quests' and 'Monster Island' for RQ6.
It doesn't have to be a really big fully fleshed out world that's 500 pages long.
Check. Both Book of Quests and Monster Island come in at 250-ish pages.
But should have a few scenarios, some villages, a couple of cities, a worldmap.
gods set out and stuff.
Both books have all of these.
Races set out, character gen guidelines, GM advice, a Bestiary specific to the world if there are world specific beasts.
Both books have all of these too.
I know there's other settings that can be used and adapted, but TBH I'm not that interested in them (Glorantha, Xoth, whatever).
Book of Quests is Moorcockian/Fritz Leiber-ish Sword and Sorcery, Monster Island has a distinct Ray Harryhausen, Land That Time Forgot, Clarke Ashton Smith vibe.

Either will meet your needs. Both are very reasonably priced.

End Shameless Plug.
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?


Rush - Spindrift
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: UK - England
Contact:

Re: State of Legend

Postby The Wolf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:13 pm

This ^^^^ time about 10,000. Loz and co are amazing. Nuff said.
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am
Location: South Africa

Re: State of Legend

Postby warlock1971 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:33 pm

danskmacabre wrote:I would buy a NEW stock fantasy setting 100% compatible with Legend.

It doesn't have to be a really big fully fleshed out world that's 500 pages long..
But should have a few scenarios, some villages, a couple of cities, a worldmap.
gods set out and stuff.
Races set out, character gen guidelines, GM advice, a Bestiary specific to the world if there are world specific beasts.

I know there's other settings that can be used and adapted, but TBH I'm not that interested in them (Glorantha, Xoth, whatever).
+1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests