The Dragons of Lencia

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:46 am

I'd like to tackle a LW novel one day, that would be one hell of a fun project.
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
Zorkaan
Stoat

Postby Zorkaan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 am

MongooseAugust wrote:Zorkaan,
I am glad to hear it went over so well! Feel free to post whatever you like about the campaign (that's one of the things this forum is all about, after all) and if I can offer advice or feedback, I'll be happy to do so.
And trust me, getting Sand and Sorrow into your hands is a priority of mine. :)
-A
Thank you so much August ! In fact, the best thing to help my campaign to be canon would be to reveal the fates of the imperial city of Avan-Telchos, of Shoongath and the Doag, of Ishyia and her people, in brief to release the sequel of Glory and Greed :).
The Wolf wrote:I'd like to tackle a LW novel one day, that would be one hell of a fun project.
That would be a great news, Wolfy! I hope it will happen one day! Have you already any idea about the period, the place, the protagonists ;) ?
Celtic_Canadian
Cub

Re:

Postby Celtic_Canadian » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:14 am

sarevok wrote:
I won't be writing any more of it until we can get some decent distribution (and remuneration) sorted for the first book
well this certainly doesn't bode well for the LW readers, let us hope Mr. Sprange sets this matter as his next priority of business, rather than focus on the multiplayer books... novels are just as important, if not more

I'm glad there are others out there that share my same sentiments regarding the novels/gamebooks... I've been patiently awaiting the sequels to the trilogy novels myself for the past couple of years since I read them both. I've laid off purchasing anymore of the gamebooks (last one I purchased was Book 6) until it becomes evident that they start diverting more attention to the gamebooks release dates faster than the snail's pace they are currently at...

I've never really been into the multiplayer roleplaying experience in my youth (or even now), so the multiplayer books in my opinion a minor annoyance. A small gripe, but I know there are others out there that appreciate the expansion of the LW world.

I'd just really appreciate it when they start focusing more seriously on the gamebooks again (and SERIOUSLY get something sorted out to ensure Richard and August both are satisfactorily compensated for their works).
WritingWolf
Banded Mongoose

Re: The Dragons of Lencia

Postby WritingWolf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Must admit I don't get the multiplayer books. Mainly that's because I don't know anyone else near me who likes LW or even RPGs! And I've always liked the gamebooks
beowuuf
Banded Mongoose

Postby beowuuf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:28 pm

There's getting to be a few games on RPoL now!
Arguth
Cub

Postby Arguth » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello. I'd just like to say that I've read many Fantasy books throughout my life, and I've read many of the most popular ones too. But for me, this Dragons of Lencia was a really great book. It was for me the best experience of 316 pages I've ever had. Maybe one of the reasons for this is that it fitted into and connected into the Lone Wolf game books very well. Where previously, Legend of Lone Wolf novels, clashed with the original game book adventures. I think that in 'The Dragons of Lencia', we finally have a Novel series that can rival the class of the original solo missions.
I can only wish that this series can become so popular that General Kydar will one day be played by someone like Daniel Craig, in a movie based on this book
I'm baying for the sequel.

For Lencia, and the House of Sarnac!
OldMongooseFordy
Mongoose

Postby OldMongooseFordy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Arguth - thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, if there are going to be further novels in the Lencian trilogy, I won't be the one to write them. I'm now a professional novelist, and my commitments are such that I won't be able to return to Magnamund in the foreseeable future.

However, don't despair, as the first novel in my new series is out in March next year, released by Headline. I can't tell you the title yet, but it's set in an original fantasy world and will be the first in the Steelhaven Trilogy.

cheers

Rich
wolfustrated
Cub

Postby wolfustrated » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 am

And the wait continues......waste of my time indeed
Arguth
Cub

Postby Arguth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Thank you for your response Richard. I would call the situation 'tragic' to say the least if 'The Dragons of Lencia' doesn't get a sequel. I'll contact Mongoose Publishing to at least try and make sure that that book is sold as much as it can, it's too good a book not to be sold in mass market. I'll otherwise keep an eye out for the Steelhaven trilogy on your blog at Headline in March. I think it's a travesty for you or August not to be properly compensated for your efforts.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:04 am

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

-August
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 am

I would definitely like to read the continuation of both trilogies. They are great.
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
Zorkaan
Stoat

Postby Zorkaan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 am

So do I! Those trilogies are great contributions to the Lone Wolf universe, notably some of the best villains of Magnamund ever!! Need to read the sequels :D
OldMongooseFordy
Mongoose

Postby OldMongooseFordy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:14 pm

It's a bit of a shame too, since I've got the best part of 8 chapters of book two on my hard drive, and I know August has book two of his trilogy complete. Not that I'm trying to tease you or anything. :)
Zorkaan
Stoat

Postby Zorkaan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Neeeeeeeed!
You're as heartless as Shoongath and Rhanghor assembled :wink: !

So, if they are half or completely written, what are we waiting for?
OldMongooseFordy
Mongoose

Postby OldMongooseFordy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 am

Zorkaan wrote:So, if they are half or completely written, what are we waiting for?
Can't really say, but these things generally come down to money... or lack thereof.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 am

I can assure you all. One way or another, you WILL get Sand and Sorrow.

I really can't say more right now.

-A
Zorkaan
Stoat

Postby Zorkaan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Well, this is already a great news, thank you August! Hope to hear more about it soon :D !
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 am

Absolutely, good sir. I just have a few more legal questions to tie up but things are looking very good for it. As soon as I have better news than 'soon', I'll start a new thread on the book and let you know where you can go to get it!

-August
Zorkaan
Stoat

Postby Zorkaan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:09 am

GREAT! Thank you again. And I hope Fordy will be able to do like you.

So... Now have you started to write "Triumph & Tragedy" :wink: ?
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Triumph and Tragedy is fully outlined and was even approved for writing before everything went south. It is not currently written but when my freelance schedule opens up again I will be glad to rotate it in for completion.

I've got a lot of fun stuff in the pipe for the next few months. Let's just say there's no chance of me getting bored any time soon. :)

-A