Offlining S&P

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm up for paying a charge if needed... and of course I'm up for contributing material if required.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Discussed this with the group this week - there was a general nodding of heads (re ~$1 per mag)
The Dan
Shrew

Postby The Dan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 pm

havercake lad wrote:I'm up for paying a charge if needed... and of course I'm up for contributing material if required.
Big ol' +1 to both those concepts. :D
Level One Freelancer.
Author of Northlands - Roleplaying in the Dead of Winter for Pathfinder.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Cheers.
Maybe it's been offered up already and I've just missed it.. but does anyone know when in 2012 the hiatus, assuming it happens, would most likely be over?
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm

And also, not sure if this has been answered but I haven't seen it, will the second half of "Hoffmann's lost Device" (or similar naming) be published before the hiatus?
stewint
Shrew

Published adventures

Postby stewint » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:16 pm

My GM's just started the Hofman adventure, just before the announcement was made this issue of S&P to be put on hiatus, aaarrrrggghhh.
KIKA
Shrew

hmmm

Postby KIKA » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Sorry for my bad english but.... :oops:

early time i read S&P, then i buy, now no new infos so i save my money for other systems.

After all B5 (missed only two or three vorlons) i has started to buy (and recived all) ACTA:NA but so it will the Kurgans the last buy. :?

Karl
stewint
Shrew

Postby stewint » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:34 pm

yep, thats what I thought..
Aneirin
Weasel

Postby Aneirin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:22 pm

I heard that the second half of the hoffman adventure was released, but for the life of me can't find it. If I have not been lied too, can someone please point a fellow in the right direction?
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Good thing I checked last night to complete my run of S&P, 'cause its all gone now.

Is this a sign of the unanticipated downside to PDF "publications"? Licenses and magazines were rarely a problem, because when a license went away the issues of magazines that had to do with it were already long out the door. With PDFs, a company that terminates a license may be obligated to remove past "magazines".

Sucks, it does.
Last edited by GypsyComet on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanss
Shrew

Re: Offlining S&P

Postby chanss » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Theyr still available for free in PDF stores :D
rcbecker1
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby rcbecker1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:30 am

Matt you might do better to have two mags Minis and RPGs.
"Official Naval Boffin"
Rick
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:42 pm

rcbecker1 wrote:Matt you might do better to have two mags Minis and RPGs.
Thats what used to happen - but maybe once a month is too frequent to get quality content on a regular basis. Perhaps have the Mini's S&P on even months and rpg S&P on odd months, or maybe have them both coming out once per quarter? While we all love to see S&P and the articles - perhaps it would be better to have more time to get the best standard of content possible?
"Understanding is a 3-edged sword" bit like a toblerone, really.
Khunkwai
Shrew

Postby Khunkwai » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:09 am

Well this blows. We just started stocking Mongoose RPGs at our store and one of the key influences was the great support given to the books by signs and portents, it showed a nice level of commitment and cutover support well beyond most other rpg publishers. A real shame it is gong away

In terms of making a new verson if SnP as a single focus magazine, big mistake in my opinion. I remember the first time I discovered traveller, that was in white dwarf, mud skipper adventure I think it was, if not for the variety of coverage WD used to offer I would not have discovered Traveller or may other games. SnP offers abytest window into Mongoose , it made me want to bring the books to our store

So what about having the SnP sponsored by stores? Stores could receive Copies of books , promo gear, demos etc as part of a package that supports SnP, gets them a little exposure and ensures players get ongoing support.

Cheers

Chris
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Khunkwai wrote: So what about having the SnP sponsored by stores? Stores could receive Copies of books , promo gear, demos etc as part of a package that supports SnP, gets them a little exposure and ensures players get ongoing support.
This is very, very close to what we are planning :)

Please bear with us, as we are just getting our ducks in line with this, but yes, retailers are going to be a focus on how we distribute S&P.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Khunkwai
Shrew

Postby Khunkwai » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Great please let me know nearer the date , we are definitely keen to be involved.
Wolfsbane
Stoat

Postby Wolfsbane » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:59 am

So August was the last time Mongoose had anything to say about Signs & Portents ?