Conan: Stygia - Sands of Death

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Semeket
Cub

Conan: Stygia - Sands of Death

Postby Semeket » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

The senario "The Children of Ishiti" in the book Adventures in the Hyborian Age makes reference to Conan: Stygia - Sands of Death.

Could someone let me know what this refers too?

Thanks,

Semeket
Padre
Banded Mongoose

Postby Padre » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Stygia: Serpent of the South (Sands of Death was the original title of Stygia sourcebook).
The Gods told me to relax.
Apple
Weasel

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Sands of Death is much cooler. Serpent of the South is very confusing from a Black Kingdom world view seeing as it's North.
DaveNC
Mongoose

Postby DaveNC » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 pm

I hadn't heard this earlier title before. I agree though, "Sands of Death" sounds cooler than "Serpent of the South".
"The victim's body turned purple and then black, and within a few minutes he sank down dying, and the stench of his own putrefaction was in his nostrils even before death wrenched his soul from his rotting body."
-REH, The Hour of the Dragon
Strom
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Strom » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 pm

See, I think Serpent of the South is much more appropriate and much cooler than killer sand dunes. Checkout this ad blurb battle: (movie announcer voice)

Stygia... Serpent of the South! Coiled and ready to strike - a land filled with dark magic, blood sacrifices and nefarious schemes. The Serpent of the South - gazing hungrily at the Hyborian nations...

Or

Stygia - Sands of Death - don't go to the beach - it's hot & deadly there! Ouch! Hot! Hot! Hot! Quick! Grab a juice cooly! Stygia - Sands of Death! Don't forget! Half off in the Summer time!

Who wins?

:lol:
“Crom and his devils!”
Jacek
Mongoose

Postby Jacek » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:56 am

Someone get a mongoose here. We'll find out soon enough...
Cheers,
Jacek
Hervé
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hervé » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:22 pm

I asked about this a while ago but didn't get any answer.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... c&start=15
I talk to planets, baby.
Jacek
Mongoose

Postby Jacek » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Looks like you're not getting one this time either...
Cheers,
Jacek
VincentDarlage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby VincentDarlage » Sat May 02, 2009 11:20 am

Originally I was asked to write a book called Stygia & Shem: Sands of Death. Later, this was changed to be two books, and the Stygia book was going to be titled Stygia: Sands of Death. Later it was renamed Stygia: Serpent of the South. I don't remember who made the name choices (generally, the titles are given to me and I have little input).

But, long story short, Stygia: Sands of Death is known to us all now as Stygia: Serpent of the South. Some of the adventures in the adventure book are quite old, and that one was written before or during my writing of Stygia.
Jacek
Mongoose

Postby Jacek » Sat May 02, 2009 7:53 pm

So the "Sands of Death" title's still free to be used elsewhere. It would look really good on the cover of a book with desert adventures (Stygia, Shem or other similar lands).
Cheers,
Jacek