MRQ Wiki - new

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Halfbat
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Halfbat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:29 am

Rurik wrote:I didn't realize you were Tim also - maybe if your handle was iamtimtoo...
lol :lol:
Halfbat
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Halfbat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Just an update.

I've had some offers of hosting and for costs from well-known members of this forum. These are much appreciated. Thanks, guys. :D As much as I wish it was, the problem is not, unfortunately, with costs or hosting. I act as an ISP reseller, so the site cost is absorbed, and am happy to run with the costs for the name.

The real issue is that my primary ISP allowed the name to relapse and, on top of that, have not been particularly responsive in chasing the name back from the registrar (closing my trouble ticket several times without sorting it and once even giving me a snotty "who is" output for a completely different name).

I'll keep you updated!

Tim/Halfbat
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Rurik » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:49 am

Thanks for the update, and especially your patronage of the wiki as well as your efforts in sorting this. It is a fantastic resource for the MRQ community.

If worse comes to worse mrqwiki.org was available last I checked - hopefully it doesn't come to that though.
I bought my Magic Sword at Zistorwal
calle
Weasel

Re: MRQ Wiki - new

Postby calle » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:52 pm

There seemes to be a problem to reach the wike site...
Halfbat
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: MRQ Wiki - new

Postby Halfbat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:22 pm

calle wrote:There seemes to be a problem to reach the wike site...
Yeah - refer to the previous posts on this thread on this page.
Magistus
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Magistus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:02 am

Is the files still online? If all else we should be able to access them by the IP of the server that they are on.
Halfbat
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Halfbat » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Huzzah!

Wiki appears to be back! There was an error, apparently, at the registrar that prevented auto-renewal. I hav ebeen assured it shouldn't happen again...

Let me know if anything's missing.
katharinabowman65
Cub

Postby katharinabowman65 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks. I love this much! Thanks wiki! 8)
Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame. An estimated 70-80% are suffering from this condition, and don't even know it!

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Rurik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I just created a page for MRQ2 on the wiki and filled in the Main Rulebook (mostly with empty links right now).

I've uploaded a skill reference sheet I did that puts all the skills from the main rulebook on one sheet. One thing that has been bugging me during character generation is there is no table of advanced skills in the book so that you have to flip to the skills chapter and look up the base chances for advanced skills by referencing the skill description.

This sheet includes Basic, Advanced, Magic, Combat Style and Spirit skills and there base chances and is available in both Word and PDF.
dazzah
Weasel

Postby dazzah » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Can I just check is the RQII still under construction?

As I am getting "The action you have requested is limited to users in the group user." when I try to browse the wiki.

Thanks!
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Rurik » Sun May 16, 2010 3:44 am

:
dazzah wrote:Can I just check is the RQII still under construction?

As I am getting "The action you have requested is limited to users in the group user." when I try to browse the wiki.

Thanks!
Wikis are always under construction, that is what they do. :D

The red links are placeholders to pages that don't exist yet. If you click on them the default action is to create the page - but if you are a guest you will get the error you mentioned because only logged in accounts can edit pages.
PhilHibbs
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby PhilHibbs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Who is the wiki admin? I've deleted some spam recently by blanking the page, and I've created a {{delete}} template just to make things a bit easier to track down, this template adds the article to Category:Candidates for deletion so that an admin can see them all. I'm willing to act as an admin so I can do this stuff myself.
glutgrim
Shrew

More content coming to wiki?

Postby glutgrim » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Rurik, the skills tables etc. you uploaded are a good thing.

On another thread, the question was how to make RQ2 more popular.

I think online resources like this wiki, where we can find rules, are key. One deterrent to my group trying RQ2 was the lack of online access to the rules (c.f., D&D 3.5 SRD).

Is there any plan to add more content to the wiki's core rules section? Last I looked, it seemed to be mostly empty pages.
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: More content coming to wiki?

Postby Rurik » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm

glutgrim wrote:Rurik, the skills tables etc. you uploaded are a good thing.
Thanks!

I've been busy lately but I hope to have some combat tracking sheets soon. Managing combats is much easier with good record keeping and I'm trying to come up with a couple of good sheets to help GM's.
glutgrim
Shrew

Postby glutgrim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 pm

As for the MRQ2 wiki site, what is permitted to be uploaded? The game content itself is (I assume) copyrighted. But it also sounds like some of the game's authors are on this posting board and know about the wiki.

If there are people from Mongoose reading this, does the company encourage or permit uploading game content (like actual sections of the rules, etc.) to the wiki site for RQ2? Thanks,
PhilHibbs
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby PhilHibbs » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:42 pm

glutgrim wrote:If there are people from Mongoose reading this, does the company encourage or permit uploading game content (like actual sections of the rules, etc.) to the wiki site for RQ2? Thanks,
I'm pretty sure that's a "no". Individual paragraphs have been quoted for discussion on the forum, but I would think that even that much should not be posted to the wiki. If you want to write new text describing how the rules should be interpreted, like with Vagni's article on Spirit Magic, then that's not going to be a problem as game mechanics themselves aren't protected by copyright (this has already been established regarding other game systems).

http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/index.php/MRQ2SpiritMagic
Last edited by PhilHibbs on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenQ
Weasel

Postby BenQ » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 pm

PhilHibbs wrote:Vagni's article on Spirit Magic...
Hm, not sure why the URL tag is not working...
OT. - Can the tag include the actual URL and then put a title between tags like that? Don't you usually have to have the url itself between the tags like this: (URL)webaddress(/URL) - replace with [ and ] s obviously
Harshlax
Mongoose

Postby Harshlax » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 pm

PhilHibbs wrote:
glutgrim wrote:If there are people from Mongoose reading this, does the company encourage or permit uploading game content (like actual sections of the rules, etc.) to the wiki site for RQ2? Thanks,
I'm pretty sure that's a "no". Individual paragraphs have been quoted for discussion on the forum, but I would think that even that much should not be posted to the wiki. If you want to write new text describing how the rules should be interpreted, like with Vagni's article on Spirit Magic, then that's not going to be a problem as game mechanics themselves aren't protected by copyright (this has already been established regarding other game systems).

http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/index.php/MRQ2SpiritMagic
Thanks for the link, reading it really helped with beginning to grasp Spirit Magic and Spirits. I feel somewhat less confused about them and if the right player wanted to play a Shaman I would probably allow it...
PhilHibbs
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby PhilHibbs » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh dear. The wiki seems to have died.
Dan True
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dan True » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

PhilHibbs wrote:Oh dear. The wiki seems to have died.
And be MRQ1...
Check out my RuneQuest 6 blog!. It now has an adventure idea generator :)

Author of the Eberron for Legend/MRQ2 conversion:
http://runequill.com/files/Eberron_Legend.pdf