Site et Forum Français

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Hervé
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Site et Forum Français

Postby Hervé » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:29 am

I talk to planets, baby.
The King
Chief Mongoose
Location: City of Wonders, Valusia (before the major cataclysm)

Postby The King » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:17 am

Why did they release the rules book in July when the 2E was to be published in August?
An American-style kitchen is a kitchen in the living room.
A French-style toilet has toilet in the living room.
My neighbours combine both styles.
Hervé
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hervé » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:21 pm

It seems that the printing of the book was delayed for some time because of editing priotities of the french editor (UBIK), eventhough the book was ready.

Maybe a better communication between UBIK and Mongoose would have helped but I don't know for sure...

Anyway, except for a few rules lawyers, the differences between the Atlantean and 2 ed are minor, the game remains the same and all supplements can ve used with both edition.
I talk to planets, baby.
The King
Chief Mongoose
Location: City of Wonders, Valusia (before the major cataclysm)

Postby The King » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Daubet Herve wrote:It seems that the printing of the book was delayed for some time because of editing priotities of the french editor (UBIK), eventhough the book was ready.
I think there is a whole non sense about Conan RGP at the moment.
Anyway, except for a few rules lawyers, the differences between the Atlantean and 2 ed are minor, the game remains the same and all supplements can ve used with both edition
Yes, that is what we read everywhere.
But again, why was the Conan release program stopped during 7 months if there is so few changes. There is something I don't understand because from 6-9 books a years we now turned to 3-4 this year.
An American-style kitchen is a kitchen in the living room.
A French-style toilet has toilet in the living room.
My neighbours combine both styles.
warzen
Banded Mongoose

Postby warzen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:46 pm

The King wrote:
Anyway, except for a few rules lawyers, the differences between the Atlantean and 2 ed are minor, the game remains the same and all supplements can ve used with both edition
Yes, that is what we read everywhere.
But again, why was the Conan release program stopped during 7 months if there is so few changes. There is something I don't understand because from 6-9 books a years we now turned to 3-4 this year.
Because it seems that the 2nd edition was announced with the goal to migrate the system to Runequest. (Seven month?) Later this plan was cancelled but the Pandora's box was open. As a consequence we're getting a second edition still using d20 that is more a revised version than a complete new version.

W.
Kyorou
Mongoose

Postby Kyorou » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:10 am

As Runequest has not been translated in French (well, Oriflam did it but... a long time ago), this explains that.
Swordman
Cub

Postby Swordman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Hello everybody !