What happens after Wave 5?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

What happens after Wave 5?

Postby Armchair_Marine » Mon May 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Doesn't seem to be any upcoming release after July, is this it for BFEVO for the rest of the year?
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 pm

I suspect that's only because the website is only updated a couple of months in advance, to answer your question, I suspect.....

Wave 6.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Sgt. Brassones
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Location: Buena Park, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Postby Sgt. Brassones » Mon May 28, 2007 9:23 pm

For the EFTF Ghurkas and French Foreign Legion have been mentioned as well as German ATGM teams.

For the MEA government regulars and a MG armed dune buggie.

For the PLA the WZ-10 gunship and J-12 fighter along with some 'elite commando' types.

For the USMC the Predator UCAV and the F-35 JSF, the Talon robot and LAV-AD.

Some of these have been unofficially confirmed, the others not so much.
Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.

Cicero
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Mon May 28, 2007 9:45 pm

They have combined waves 4 and 5 into the July release, and August is also the supposed release date for SST:Evo, so they maybe giving SST:Evo the only mini release in August.

I think the Sept release for SST:Evo will be the rule book, so thats when we will see the next mini's for BF:Evo.

However I could be wrong, and we will find out Friday when they update the website for future releases.
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
brook
Banded Mongoose

Postby brook » Tue May 29, 2007 1:40 am

I am hoping for the Lav, the Lav main gun system, and the Lav mortor system

In short, I need to have the Lav.
The Old Soldier
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby The Old Soldier » Tue May 29, 2007 3:28 am

Sgt. Brassones wrote:For the EFTF Ghurkas and French Foreign Legion have been mentioned as well as German ATGM teams.

For the MEA government regulars and a MG armed dune buggie.

For the PLA the WZ-10 gunship and J-12 fighter along with some 'elite commando' types.

For the USMC the Predator UCAV and the F-35 JSF, the Talon robot and LAV-AD.

Some of these have been unofficially confirmed, the others not so much.
I'm not real keen on fixed winged aircraft in this game, but am looking forward to helicopters for transports and gunships.

MEA dune buggies are not really needed since pickup trucks are so prevalent both in government and militia force. Rather see varients forms of pickups with anti-tank or anti-air weapons.

Government APC and AFVs for MEA would be a good choice, along with obsolete vehicles and MBTs.

The LAV should be a top choice for the USMC. The talon robot, is just kind of silly IMO. Rather have some heli transports and the new couger armored transport.

As for the EFTF, rather see Anti- tank teams that were British rather than German ones. The would be company level support to the platoons. Once the British are completed, then add Platoon level elements for other countries of the EFTF. Legion with Legion support. German heavy infantry with German support. Poland would be a excellent member of the EFTF bringing with them some really cool eastern weapontry.

Then on to other nations that could either be thier own faction or a sub-faction of the present ones. Some nations could even join more than one faction based on current enemies. Turkey would be a good example, working with the USA or EFTF when it suits them, or siding with thier Middle Eastern brothers when it is prudent.

Other Nations would be Israel. A nation really on it's own. The USA would give support if requested, but with the possiblility of alienating thier Middle Eastern Allies. The former mighty Russia, could easily side with any country that benifited Russian policy. Trading equipment with the Middle East. Then there is the Asian Alliance of countries that are in opposition to China, aided by both the EFTF or the USA.
"On the Bounce"
Paladin
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Paladin » Tue May 29, 2007 4:11 am

MGP 444126 Usmc Command Squad/talon Sword
MGP 444127 Eftf German Heer Infantry Squad
MGP 444128 Pla Wz-10 Attack Helicopter
MGP 444129 Mea Government Troops Squad
MGP 444130 EFTF French Infantry Squad
MGP 444131 USMC Expeditionary Force Vehicle
MGP 444132 MEA Mirsad-1 Team
MGP 444133 PLA SOF Squad
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 7:07 am

Are we getting French Infantry before Foreign Legion?

Also I like Old Soldiers ideas, expect I want more diverse nationalities to brought out for the EFTF asap. I really want a multi national EFTF force as I am at heart pro-european, and also have a limited budget for gaming so have to carefully consider what I am buying (I don't want to need to fill up my force with Brits simply because they where all that was available in the early releases, at the moment it seems you really need to keep up with your opponents in wave releases or you are stuck).
We play CTA/SFoS (using counters and FA models), Starship Troopers (evo), 40k, Flames of War, BF EVO

RP, B5, Star Wars, and others. If you are local to Newcastle upon Tyne and fancy joining in drop me a message.
vitalis6969
Banded Mongoose

Postby vitalis6969 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:40 am

I imagine it is going to be wave 500 or 600 before I actually get into this game.... sheesh.... The U.S. has one of the most lavish , if not THE most lavish, armed forces in the entire world. We just chuck money at a problem until we have whatever solution we were looking for....

And what do we have in BFE? The Marines with their second rate equipment! :roll: Someone at Mongoose must really like the Leathernecks :wink:

Hello. . .McFly!!! U.S. ARMY!!!!!

Bradley Fighting Vehicles
Strykers with ALL their variants
Apaches
Special Forces
Delta Force

And please oh please mighty Gods of Mongoose... NO DESERT PAINT SCHEMES... :P Woodland Please... WOODLAND!!!!!

:rant is done, please continue with your scheduled programming:

-V

edit: Hell, I prolly would buy the marines if they were a different color... :sigh:
B5 ACTA, Tanked... Battlefield Evolution, Tanked... Mongoose Traveller, this is your last chance...
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 am

cordas wrote:Are we getting French Infantry before Foreign Legion?.
The French infantry can be used as Foreign Legion, they use the same equipment, uniform etc. You'll be able to pay x number of points to upgrade to Foreign Legion

I'm in the same boat with releases. My friends are buying lots of PLA, MEA, USMC and telling me to buy more so I have a legal platoon structure but I don't want to be forced into buying multiples of British
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Tue May 29, 2007 8:44 am

emperorpenguin wrote: The French infantry can be used as Foreign Legion, they use the same equipment, uniform etc. You'll be able to pay x number of points to upgrade to Foreign Legion
Cool, I really like the idea of buying one boxed unit that can be used as different game units (with the cards released) this is a great way to keep us fans happy (as long as each force gets access to these easter egg units :!: :!: :!: ) whether the extra cards are released in the boxes or S&P I ain't bothered really as long as MGP releases a statement saying that S&P variants are fully game legal. The last thing I want is more arguements about what is and isn't legit. (Also please try and avoid releasing uber powerfull / broken stuff in S&P like the new trolligan)

Valen is my name
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Valen is my name » Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 am

not a problem for me as i want an all brit force anyway (or commenwealth once aome more options turn up.) My only problem is a lack of money!
Harry Callahan: We're not just going to let you walk out of here.
Crook: Who's "we", sucker?
Harry Callahan: Smith, and Wesson, and me.

Harry Callahan: Go ahead, make my day by making Hiffano's Mothership, punk.
GJD
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby GJD » Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 am

emperorpenguin wrote:
The French infantry can be used as Foreign Legion, they use the same equipment, uniform etc. You'll be able to pay x number of points to upgrade to Foreign Legion
Different hats.

G.
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 12:29 pm

GJD wrote:
emperorpenguin wrote:
Different hats.

G.
imagine converting them to wear kepis! :lol:
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Tue May 29, 2007 3:41 pm

vitalis6969 wrote:I imagine it is going to be wave 500 or 600 before I actually get into this game.... sheesh.... The U.S. has one of the most lavish , if not THE most lavish, armed forces in the entire world. We just chuck money at a problem until we have whatever solution we were looking for....

And what do we have in BFE? The Marines with their second rate equipment! :roll: Someone at Mongoose must really like the Leathernecks :wink:

Hello. . .McFly!!! U.S. ARMY!!!!!

Bradley Fighting Vehicles
Strykers with ALL their variants
Apaches
Special Forces
Delta Force

And please oh please mighty Gods of Mongoose... NO DESERT PAINT SCHEMES... :P Woodland Please... WOODLAND!!!!!

:rant is done, please continue with your scheduled programming:

-V

edit: Hell, I prolly would buy the marines if they were a different color... :sigh:
I want the US Army in this game too, but what's your obession with woodland camo? Woodland camo is dead, it's digital ACU all the way.
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 3:50 pm

I donno. I'm shocked anyone can hide in the digitial stuff, especially in a woodland setting.
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com
Mr Evil
Chief Mongoose

Postby Mr Evil » Tue May 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Hiromoon wrote:I donno. I'm shocked anyone can hide in the digitial stuff, especially in a woodland setting.
maybe is so they can hide in microsoft windows ?
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/cygnarsghost.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

http://splargoth.blogspot.com/
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Tue May 29, 2007 4:00 pm

Hiromoon wrote:I donno. I'm shocked anyone can hide in the digitial stuff, especially in a woodland setting.

I see your point.....
Armchair_Marine
Banded Mongoose

Postby Armchair_Marine » Tue May 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Pictures don't do ACU justice since it's colors look different depending on the light around it. It's supposed to look greener around green surroundings and greyer around urban terrain.

Besides, urban combat is the main focus in the modern world. I mean do you actually want BFEVO figures to look 20 years outdated with equipment no longer in use by that particular faction?
Hiromoon
Chief Mongoose

Postby Hiromoon » Tue May 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Given the compound I work on has a loooot of green in it, the ACU doesn't blend in at all... nor does it look any greener....
ImageImage
Thanks Veon and ScipioAmericanus!
www.zupandevelopment.com