League of Non-Aligned Worlds

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
LeagueFan

League of Non-Aligned Worlds

Postby LeagueFan » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:12 am

Anybody picked up the League sourcebook at GenCon? If you did, care to share your opinions on it?

Of course Matt's final post about items 4 sale at the Mongoose booth didn't mention the League book at all, so was it even available?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 am

So I guess League won't be out until September? (Mid-Semptember?)
redlaco
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby redlaco » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 pm

That's my guess too, judging from the news page. It should come out at the same time than Zocalo, which is fine with me. I just received "No Surrender, No Retreat", so I've got some reading to do in the mean time.
"Knowledge is what makes the difference between the world you want, and the world other people think you should have." -- JMS
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:17 pm

Hi guys,

League will be in the shops in just a couple of weeks!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Dag'Nabbit
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dag'Nabbit » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:21 am

Yeeeee Haaaawwwww!!!!!

For those that don't know, this is Southern for
"Now that is exciting news."
Yummmmm.....Flan! It's really just styrofoam. Tasty styrofoam, like twinkies, but somehow better for you.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 pm

Dag'Nabbit wrote:Yeeeee Haaaawwwww!!!!!

For those that don't know, this is Southern for
"Now that is exciting news."
"Calm down dear, it's only a commercial!"

(You probably have to be in the UK to get that one though)

LBH
JET

Postby JET » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:39 pm

It has already appeared in one FLGS (Minneapolis, MN). I only had time to do a quick flip through and random paragraph grammar check. The book looks pretty, but the grammar looks substandard. :(

JET
Steve
Shrew

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:28 pm

My distributors have it available for ordering this coming Monday...
Steve R.

"Now, I need to roll anything but a '1'.......oh."
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:28 pm

Err, it certainly shouldn't be - what was the problem that you saw?
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Eryx
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Eryx » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:02 am

Going to order my copy tomorrow. Any chance of getting a second volume with the other League races?
A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.
Eryx
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Eryx » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:24 pm

Got my copy today. Great book.

Really would have liked pictures of the different ships that we don't normally see. I can't recall ever seeing a Gaim vessel in the series and there was no pictures of one.

Other than that, top notch book. Any word if Mongoose will do a supsequent one or two volumes we get all the Leage races?
A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.
cordas
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby cordas » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:40 pm

I saw a copy of this book yesterday in my local Forbidden Planet (Travelling man also had copies).

I must say I was very impressed given my 20min viewing of the book, loads of very nice pics, and scanning some of the races I was pleased to see the amount of work they have put into making each race unique, including race specific technology.

Whilst obviously there was less detail than in the Narn, Centari and Minbari books there was still enough to give any budding GM or player lots of ideas.

My only complaint about this book is that when they gave quotes about each race from other races points of veiw they did not include the major races. I will hold my hands up and admit this is a VERY minor quibble. :)
Can of the Cave Beer
Shrew

Postby Can of the Cave Beer » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:04 am

Eryx wrote:Other than that, top notch book. Any word if Mongoose will do a supsequent one or two volumes we get all the Leage races?
Check out here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... highlight=

If we want more races (or a League II), we've got to let Mongoose know...
LeagueFan

Postby LeagueFan » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:29 am

Sounds like another great book! As you can tell from my username I'm really excited about this one.

Unfortunately, none of the stores in Southern California have it yet (none that I know of), so I'm still waiting for it. Oh well.
El Cid
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:38 pm

We were informed that our LFGS would have their copies in today (Friday 10 Sept).

Waiting with mony burning hole in wallet.

Sidney
LeagueFan

LOL

Postby LeagueFan » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:31 am

No sooner do I give up hope on Thursday, then League shows up at my FLGS on Friday. Now that I have it, I just have to say that it's great! Thank you August and everyone at Mongoose for yet another great Babylon 5 book!

I just have 2 questions that maybe Matt or August can answer. What is that ship in the picture on page 46. It's behind the Ipsha battleglobe and Vree saucer and it's firing off two beams. And actually it kinda looks more like an orbital defense satelite than a ship.

And on page 88 is that the Falkosi or Pikatos fighter pictured? I'm guessing it's the Falkosi as it looks similiar to the old B5Wars Falkosi model. If it is, I like this version much better. Well anyways thanks again guys!

Peace
Traveller-61
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Got Mine!

Postby Traveller-61 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:16 pm

Just got mine today - great job Mongoose!!!

LeagueFan wrote
"I just have 2 questions that maybe Matt or August can answer. What is that ship in the picture on page 46. It's behind the Ipsha battleglobe and Vree saucer and it's firing off two beams. And actually it kinda looks more like an orbital defense satelite than a ship."

I think you will find that is a Dilgar warship. It matches the designs I've seen for an aborted PC B5 combat game. And I think someone else confirmed this in another thread.

DW
"You were a great Captain!" - Claudia Christian

Some days are better than others, Section Leader!
captainmage1966
Cub

Postby captainmage1966 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:34 am

I picked up my copy of the league of non-alligned worlds . It is good with backgounds for several major races . The one thing missing is civilain ships , but that is lacking from the other books .

I am willing to be off base on this detail . My thinking is that Abbai , Brakiri , and Vree should have space freighters . passager liners and fast corvettes . Image of the equipment can add a nice favor .

The folks at Mongoose are doing a great job getting books out . I hope this is not taken as personal attack on them . I understand that a good GM could over come this with a little work
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:41 pm

Got my copy yesterday, been in one of my FLGS for weks now but had preordered from another shop. The order fell through so got the one I'd been (not literally) drooling over in the other shop.

Looks cool

LBH
Wulfhere
Weasel

Postby Wulfhere » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:41 pm

As usual a very good book with nice idea`s.
If you ever found a way to bring a earthalliancebook with the same standard as the last four "empire" books would be perfect.