The Pirates of Drinax - Part 7 is Here!

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

The Pirates of Drinax - Part 7 is Here!

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Part 7 of the free-to-download Pirates of Drinax mega-campaign is now here and ready for you to start playing. You can grab a copy at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/travdrinax7.pdf

In The Pirates of Drinax, the players play a band of adventures who are entrusted by the King of Drinax with a letter of marque, permitting them to prey on 'illegal' trade within the borders of the vanished kingdom. The King hopes that this piracy will give him the leverage he needs to restore Drinax to its former glory, and intends for the characters to win back all the planets lost over the last two centuries – but the King's plans are just the starting point for this campaign.

Once the characters have their letter and their ship, it's up to the players for what to do next. Will they stay loyal to their patron and help restore Drinax? Will they turn rogue and create their own kingdom? Will they be heroes or monsters, pirates or privateers? Will they make their fortune amid the pitiless stars, or will the cold depths of the Trojan Reach be their grave?

And remember, it is absolutely free to download and play!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
ieqo
Weasel

Re: The Pirates of Drinax - Part 7 is Here!

Postby ieqo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:29 pm

YEAH!!!!!

:D
:shock:
:D
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
JRoss
Banded Mongoose

Postby JRoss » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:40 pm

You are a king- and kings are just one more thing that GeDeCo produces on an industrial scale.

That is the best line Gareth's ever written.
Freelance S&P Traveller contributor
Squirrel - Your Best Friend
Fox - Beware of Lies

Do you really want to spend your entire lives praying for longevity? We were born in order to die!
Thunderegg Productions
Valergain
Cub

Postby Valergain » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Excellent. Also pyschohistory? Somebody's been reading Foundation...........

I'm fairly new to Traveller so why would Pyschohistory be suppressed with psionics suppression? Also does this mean that Zhodani have access to it?
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 am

Yay! And someday our intrepid pyratical band will sally forth into... any of those adventures as soon as we finish fixing the ship and grab our first prize vessel. Yay! :D
dragoner
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby dragoner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 am

DL'd and not read. :P
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 am

Valergain wrote:Excellent. Also pyschohistory? Somebody's been reading Foundation...........

I'm fairly new to Traveller so why would Pyschohistory be suppressed with psionics suppression? Also does this mean that Zhodani have access to it?
There are a lot of 'Foundation' references sprinkled through Gareth's traveller adventures - Secrets of the Ancients has an amateur archeologist who's quite the connsumate donkey.

Really glad to see this. Pirates is one of the most fun campaigns I've read - very much traveller at its best.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Traveller has always had a strong connection to Asimov's Foundation Books, Psychohistory is mentioned in several other places, not just in Gareth's work.

I just finished reading this part and Loved It! The implications for the future of the sector are intriguing since we KNOW what happens with VIRUS and what that does to this section of space. I guess VIRUS wasn't predicted by psycohistory, just like the Mule wasn't predicted in the Foundation Books.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby AndrewW » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Rikki Tikki Traveller wrote:I just finished reading this part and Loved It! The implications for the future of the sector are intriguing since we KNOW what happens with VIRUS and what that does to this section of space. I guess VIRUS wasn't predicted by psycohistory, just like the Mule wasn't predicted in the Foundation Books.
Well, we know what happens in that particular timeline...
Kingside_Bishop
Shrew

Postby Kingside_Bishop » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Awesome, really been looking forward to this read. I'm really looking forward to when the group gets around to these excellent adventures as well, guys. :) it was this campaign that really pushed me into wanting to referee the game.