sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

1st test Ship design from my new rules

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Matt Wilson
Mongoose

Re: 1st test Ship design from my new rules

Postby Matt Wilson » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Are you looking for any particular feedback, or just excited about making a thing and wanted to share? If the latter, please accept this virtual high five. 8)

I'm wondering if you could share your motivations for the rules adjustments. I like the idea of actually having some non-fuel room on a smaller ship.
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Matt Wilson wrote:Are you looking for any particular feedback, or just excited about making a thing and wanted to share? If the latter, please accept this virtual high five. 8)

I'm wondering if you could share your motivations for the rules adjustments. I like the idea of actually having some non-fuel room on a smaller ship.
Sorry. (board crashed before could finish editing) Posted to get feedback on being able to actually have a Jump 1 100 ton ship and detaching PP from JD. Other changes in system that I have posted over last few weeks. I posted my drive formulas earlier. Simple formula all the way rather than drive letters.

The main motivation is to simplify ship design. Fill in gaps in the current rule system. Also, to insert some missing logic (no jump 1, 100 ton ships possible), empty staterooms that mysteriously use copious amounts of consumables, etc.
Matt Wilson
Mongoose

Postby Matt Wilson » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:23 pm

sideranautae wrote: Posted to get feedback on being able to actually have a Jump 1 100 ton ship and detaching PP from JD. Other changes in system that I have posted over last few weeks. I posted my drive formulas earlier. Simple formula all the way rather than drive letters.
Good goal. I dug through the forum to try and find your formula but came up nothing. It bugs me too that you can't build a jump-1 or even thrust-1 ship at 100 tons.

So what I'm saying is if you re-post that formula here, I'll join your fan club. Or send you a gift pretzel in the mail or something.

Minor Tangent Alert: I did find your post about creating your own custom game from the SRD, and I'm slowly working on something like that as well.
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Matt Wilson wrote:
sideranautae wrote: Posted to get feedback on being able to actually have a Jump 1 100 ton ship and detaching PP from JD. Other changes in system that I have posted over last few weeks. I posted my drive formulas earlier. Simple formula all the way rather than drive letters.
Good goal. I dug through the forum to try and find your formula but came up nothing. It bugs me too that you can't build a jump-1 or even thrust-1 ship at 100 tons.

So what I'm saying is if you re-post that formula here, I'll join your fan club. Or send you a gift pretzel in the mail or something.

Minor Tangent Alert: I did find your post about creating your own custom game from the SRD, and I'm slowly working on something like that as well.
Here it is. A couple unwritten assumptions. M-drive TL is 9. Discounts for those two items are 10% for every TL higher, not to exceed 40%. PP has its own TL adjustments in the doc shown. Any rating above 6 is for Small Craft up to 70 tons only. J-Drive fuel is 5% per Jn instead of 10%.

Matt Wilson
Mongoose

Postby Matt Wilson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Nice!
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Matt Wilson wrote:Nice!
Thanks. The next part is more tweaks to computers and sensors.
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Postby allanimal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 am

sideranautae wrote:
Here it is. A couple unwritten assumptions. M-drive TL is 9. Discounts for those two items are 10% for every TL higher, not to exceed 40%. PP has its own TL adjustments in the doc shown. Any rating above 6 is for Small Craft up to 70 tons only. J-Drive fuel is 5% per Jn instead of 10%.

How do I know what size power plant I need?
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:48 am

sideranautae wrote:
Those are pretty significant to leave "unwritten".
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
It's all Traveller, so it's all Good.
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:01 pm

allanimal wrote:
sideranautae wrote:

How do I know what size power plant I need?
The rating has to equal or exceed the M-Drive rating.
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:02 pm

GypsyComet wrote:
sideranautae wrote:
Those are pretty significant to leave "unwritten".
The rules aren't done being written. But, I didn't leave that unwritten for the purpose of this post. Otherwise, how would you have read them? ;) If you have no other input...
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:57 pm

sideranautae wrote: If you have no other input...
Just a board etiquette concern. Posted designs that use variants, especially a variant as extensive as yours, should always be labeled as such. So far, so good, but the reminder is not just for you.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:21 pm

GypsyComet wrote:
Just a board etiquette concern. Posted designs that use variants, especially a variant as extensive as yours, should always be labeled as such. So far, so good, but the reminder is not just for you.
READ the thread title!
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:31 pm

sideranautae wrote:
GypsyComet wrote:
READ the thread title!
"So far, so good."
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 pm

GypsyComet wrote:
sideranautae wrote:
READ the thread title!
"So far, so good."
Either contribute or leave the thread please
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Aside from observing that you've successfully gleaned the most volume-efficient sub-systems from eight editions and put them all in one place? The resulting ships will quickly blow the econ rules to smithereens, so I hope those are next on your house rules list.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:00 pm

GypsyComet wrote: The resulting ships will quickly blow the econ rules to smithereens, so I hope those are next on your house rules list.
No problem as there is no edition (besides perhaps GT) that has econ rules that are not totally insane to begin with. My system will be based on basic macro econ so can never be a problem with ship design as it stands.

And, I have only looked to two rules sets for inspiration. MT & MGT SRD. And only for decoupling PP & JD for MT. I haven't pulled from any other. I haven't even looked at 8 different rules set in my life so you are completely wrong. Maybe less random hyperbole and more reasoned analysis...
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Decoupling of Jump and PP: CT77, TNE, T20, and T4 (and MT, yes)
Performance=1 in a 100 ton hull: nearly everything except CT-B2, MGT, and T5
(Jn+1) x 5% jump fuel: MegaTraveller
Workstation model for Bridges: TNE, T5
No Computer volume: MGT and T20
Higher efficiency PP fuel: GT and TNE
Macro econ
You would be one of the few. Good luck.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
sideranautae
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby sideranautae » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm

GypsyComet wrote:Decoupling of Jump and PP: CT77, TNE, T20, and T4 (and MT, yes)
Performance=1 in a 100 ton hull: nearly everything except CT-B2, MGT, and T5
(Jn+1) x 5% jump fuel: MegaTraveller
Workstation model for Bridges: TNE, T5
No Computer volume: MGT and T20
Higher efficiency PP fuel: GT and TNE
Since I never read those other rules you list I couldn't have "pulled" from them. As I stated above and you refuse to read. You came on the thread via trolling and are continuing.

You are done with this thread. Bu, bye.
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:48 pm

When you post something else that warrants feedback, I'll be there. Good luck on that econ model. Really.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5