ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Greylond
Mongoose
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 am

ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Greylond » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:42 am

This Bot was inspired by a certain smartgun featured in a popular movie about marines fighting some aliens... ;)

Combot Gun Harness(aka Smartgun) TL 12:
This Combot has a special construction that is much different than most Robots. It is made into a harness to be worn by a specially trained Army or Marine Gunner. It has 2 Units, one Unit worn on the Front, a Unit worn on the back and an Arm to carry and to manipulate the gun system. The built in Inhibitor Firmware is programmed not to shoot at any person in the bearer's unit. The Voice Recognition Software(VRS) installed is programmed to only respond to the designated Gunners and Officers in the Unit. If anyone else attempts to command the ComBot, it simply refuses to work at all. It has a built in encoded wireless connection to network with other Combat Gun Harnesses of the unit to coordinate the Unit's fire. The Combot responds to Verbal commands along with physical manipulation. To use it the Gunner carrying it points it to the general line of fire desired and pulls the trigger on the gun to let the computer know that it is clear to fire. Use of these physical cues insures that on a noisy battlefield a "Shoot" or "Don't Shoot" order is not confused. The Gunner can also give verbal commands but these commands are in the form of a technical slang/command to this model of Combot. These verbal commands can be altered by the Unit Gun System Tech by training the VRS software. With a Command Algorithm rated as a CA1 only a trained Gunner can safely use the entire system. The Computer also has a Security 1 program as part of the standard package to prevent hacking through the wireless connection. This SmartGun has its own built in Advanced Optics and a Motion Detector for targeting. Some models mount other sensors, such as Low-Light or IR instead of the Motion Detector. This Combot can mount and use any gun up to a Mass of 10KG. However, the Gunner will be stuck carrying the mass of the SmartGun Harness along with the mass of the mounted gun. The total Price includes the cost of connecting the gun to the harness. The entire unit is sealed so as to be able to operate in water or any non-corrosive gas.

Str: 8; Dex: 8; CA:1 Hull: 2; Structure: 2
Combat Armour: +8
Mass: 8.5kg (Does not include the Mass of attached Gun)

Front Unit
Computer, Parallel 3 GHz
Memory Stick, TL10, 1TB

Inhibitor, Military

Software:
CA1
VRS
Security-1
GunCombat-1(this software package is customized for the skill needed for the mounted gun, i.e. Slug Rifle, Heavy Weapon or other needed skill)

Back Unit
Wireless Connection
Encoder

Arm(size 2)
Optics, Advanced
Motion Detector

Cost: 38,460
(does not include the cost of attached Gun but does include the 5,000 credits to attach the gun)
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Hopeless » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am

So not inspired by Rogue Trooper?

because you could add the helmet, wait didn't he have a belt pouch with an AI chip didn't he? :shock:
Greylond
Mongoose
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 am

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Greylond » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Nope, inspired by one of my favorite action movies.
User avatar
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3842
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby alex_greene » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Ah, yes. Vasquez' gun. :)
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Nuclear Fridge Magnet
Mongoose
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Toiling in the Depths

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Nuclear Fridge Magnet » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:53 pm

alex_greene wrote:Ah, yes. Vasquez' gun. :)
Comes complete with dithering, sweating junior officer (with little or no experience) screaming in your helmet comms when things go all to hell! :roll:
"A very wise man once taught me a valuable lesson...
"In space we have nothing. Nothing at all."
Greylond
Mongoose
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 am

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Greylond » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Nuclear Fridge Magnet wrote:
alex_greene wrote:Ah, yes. Vasquez' gun. :)
Comes complete with dithering, sweating junior officer (with little or no experience) screaming in your helmet comms when things go all to hell! :roll:

Heh, I used to GM the old Aliens RPG for a short while. First session was an intro to the game using the Pregen versions of the movie characters. The session started out with the first attack that led to Frost going over the edge thanks to Detriech. As soon as the survivors got back to the APC, they shot Gorman(NPC Character). :)
User avatar
Gruffty the Hiver
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: MK, UK

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Gruffty the Hiver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

..."Game over, man! Game over!"...

(C'mon, someone had to say it.... ;) :lol: )
Nuclear Fridge Magnet
Mongoose
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Toiling in the Depths

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Nuclear Fridge Magnet » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 am

Greylond wrote:Heh, I used to GM the old Aliens RPG for a short while. First session was an intro to the game using the Pregen versions of the movie characters. The session started out with the first attack that led to Frost going over the edge thanks to Detriech. As soon as the survivors got back to the APC, they shot Gorman(NPC Character). :)
He really needed to be shot. :evil:
"A very wise man once taught me a valuable lesson...
"In space we have nothing. Nothing at all."
GamingGlen
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:59 am

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby GamingGlen » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Nuclear Fridge Magnet wrote:
Greylond wrote:Heh, I used to GM the old Aliens RPG for a short while. First session was an intro to the game using the Pregen versions of the movie characters. The session started out with the first attack that led to Frost going over the edge thanks to Detriech. As soon as the survivors got back to the APC, they shot Gorman(NPC Character). :)
He really needed to be shot. :evil:
I doubt that will be a viable defense in the court-martial. : 8)
Glen
User avatar
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3842
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby alex_greene » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm

GamingGlen wrote:
Nuclear Fridge Magnet wrote:
Greylond wrote:Heh, I used to GM the old Aliens RPG for a short while. First session was an intro to the game using the Pregen versions of the movie characters. The session started out with the first attack that led to Frost going over the edge thanks to Detriech. As soon as the survivors got back to the APC, they shot Gorman(NPC Character). :)
He really needed to be shot. :evil:
I doubt that will be a viable defense in the court-martial. : 8)
"It was friendly fire, sir."

"He was SHOT FROM BEHIND! At POINT BLANK RANGE! THIRTY-TWO TIMES IN THE GLUTEUS MAXIMI!"

"It was very dark, sir."
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Dave Chase
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Kansas, USA

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby Dave Chase » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 am

alex_greene wrote:
GamingGlen wrote:
Nuclear Fridge Magnet wrote: He really needed to be shot. :evil:
I doubt that will be a viable defense in the court-martial. : 8)
"It was friendly fire, sir."

"He was SHOT FROM BEHIND! At POINT BLANK RANGE! THIRTY-TWO TIMES IN THE GLUTEUS MAXIMI!"

"The trigger got stuck, sir."

Just my take on it. LOL

Dave Chase
Freedom is the ability to express your self under your own control
.
It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.
dragoner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Indiana, US

Re: ComBot Gun Harness, aka SmartGun

Postby dragoner » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Stealth roll: 2d6=5 argh!

/runs covering butter bar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests