print/pdf bundle for 2300AD?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Kravell
Banded Mongoose

print/pdf bundle for 2300AD?

Postby Kravell » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I couldn't find anything with my web-search fu. Is 2300AD available as a print/pdf bundle or do both have to be purchased separately? Same goes for new titles for 2300AD going forward. Does pre-ordering help get it sooner or otherwise do anything helpful that I should know about?

Also, if Mongoose ever wants to offer a subscription I'd be onboard for one for 2300AD that includes print and pdf!
msprange
Site Admin

Re: print/pdf bundle for 2300AD?

Postby msprange » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Kravell wrote: Also, if Mongoose ever wants to offer a subscription I'd be onboard for one for 2300AD that includes print and pdf!
We have considered such things in the past - if there is more interest, we'll go into it more seriously. Anyone else?
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Strithe
Stoat

Postby Strithe » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:49 pm

msprange wrote:
Kravell wrote: Also, if Mongoose ever wants to offer a subscription I'd be onboard for one for 2300AD that includes print and pdf!
We have considered such things in the past - if there is more interest, we'll go into it more seriously. Anyone else?
I'd second that. I like having both hard-copy books & electronic format.
IanBruntlett
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby IanBruntlett » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm

msprange wrote:
As someone who has never seen 2300AD, I would like to know what does a "subscription" entail? What makes it different to the usual Bits & Mortar approach of buying the physical book and getting the PDF for free?
-- My writings : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett
-- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://accu.org
-- Free Software Page : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntl ... e-software
Traveller-61
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Traveller-61 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:44 pm

msprange wrote: We have considered such things in the past - if there is more interest, we'll go into it more seriously. Anyone else?
Count me in for that one. Usually now I try and buy most of my books in PDF (running out of space in the house!) but this one I want both :D

DW
"You were a great Captain!" - Claudia Christian

Some days are better than others, Section Leader!
Kravell
Banded Mongoose

Postby Kravell » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 pm

IanBruntlett wrote:
msprange wrote:
As someone who has never seen 2300AD, I would like to know what does a "subscription" entail? What makes it different to the usual Bits & Mortar approach of buying the physical book and getting the PDF for free?
My understanding of Brick and Mortar is that Mongoose has to offer a book/pdf bundle before you get the PDF for free. So if a book/pdf bundle is available I'd like to order it.

A subscription takes it a step further. It is more like the way Paizo does it--Mongoose ships the book line automatically on an ongoing basis until the customer cancels. So for a 2300AD subscription, Mongoose gets your credit card info and auto ships a new book each month plus sends a link for the PDF. I don't know if Mongoose can/wants to do a subscription service or not.

For someone like me who doesn't have a FLGS that carries Mongoose product this arrangement would be ideal. Mongoose can estimate some steady income and subscribers (in addition to those who can use B&M) get the PDF for free.
Drivingguy
Cub

Postby Drivingguy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:30 pm

I actually prefer PDF to DTF these days. Easy to use on my tablet.
apoc527
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby apoc527 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

I'd probably be interested in a 2300AD subscription type program especially if it involved a print/PDF combination.
-Apoc527
GamerDude
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GamerDude » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm

msprange wrote:
Hell yeah!
Al B. [B-)
Say what's that, a new game? M-U-S-T   B-U-Y G-A-M-E!

The first, Since 9/2008, MGT-Aids@yahoogroups.com
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:37 pm

I would also be interested in a print-pdf bundle of this and other products.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.