Secrets of the Ancients Reprint

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Secrets of the Ancients Reprint

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Is now in and ready for ordering.

If you have a copy of the first run of the Secrets of the Ancients hardback, drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com with your postal address, and we'll sort you out with a new book!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Re: Secrets of the Ancients Reprint

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Email being sent

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am

Received mine in the post today, got rudely ejected from the shower by the postie ringing the doorbell.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 am

lastbesthope wrote:Received mine in the post today, got rudely ejected from the shower by the postie ringing the doorbell.
Just consider it part of the service...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
IanBruntlett
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby IanBruntlett » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:28 pm

msprange wrote: Just consider it part of the service...
And what a service it is! A quick phone call to Contact revealed that a likely looking parcel has arrived.

Woot!
-- My writings : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett
-- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://accu.org
-- Free Software Page : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntl ... e-software
Dunia
Stoat

Postby Dunia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I am so impressed with the service-minded staff of Mongoose that answers the mail within a few hours and sends me a new book.

With such good company, I know that I will support the Traveller line and Mongoose Publishing. You have made me one happy girl and a loyal customer. :)
IraShaine1972
Mongoose

Postby IraShaine1972 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 am

Looks like I am going to have to beg over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the replacement for the worthless pos original printing of this book that I shelled out $40 bucks to Mongoose for and was all screwed up just like I had to beg for weeks for some replacement parts for the multiple mispacked Noble Armada blisters I bought.

Is it really this hard for a company to make good on their mistakes?

Well I have NOT bought a single Traveller book since I bought the screwed up book and if I never get the replacement then I will NEVER buy another Traveller book. Seems like I have had nothing but bad experiences with Mongoose products, lack of products and piss poor customer service over the last few months and that has pretty much killed it for me.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Well, here is the thing - I haven't received an email from you requesting a new book. Now I know you want one, it will be in the post to you.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
nats
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby nats » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:30 pm

IraShaine1972 wrote:Looks like I am going to have to beg over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the replacement for the worthless pos original printing of this book that I shelled out $40 bucks to Mongoose for and was all screwed up just like I had to beg for weeks for some replacement parts for the multiple mispacked Noble Armada blisters I bought.

Well I have NOT bought a single Traveller book since I bought the screwed up book and if I never get the replacement then I will NEVER buy another Traveller book. Seems like I have had nothing but bad experiences with Mongoose products, lack of products and piss poor customer service over the last few months and that has pretty much killed it for me.
Some people are very rude.
6A6AB9, Citizen(Corporate), 8th Term, Rank 3, Cr Enough
Trade(Architecture)3, Art(3d Illustration)2, Computers2, Admin2, Leader1, Drive(Wheeled)1, Advocate1, Art(Painting)1, Flyer0
Comm(TL7), Computer(TL8), Binoculars(TL6), Tent(TL7), Ground Car(TL7)
IraShaine1972
Mongoose

Postby IraShaine1972 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:46 pm

msprange wrote:Well, here is the thing - I haven't received an email from you requesting a new book. Now I know you want one, it will be in the post to you.
Well I HAVE emailed. I really have gotten tired of asking repeatedly for corrections. It would be really great if this stuff was just QCed to begin with.
IraShaine1972
Mongoose

Postby IraShaine1972 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 pm

nats wrote:
IraShaine1972 wrote:Looks like I am going to have to beg over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the replacement for the worthless pos original printing of this book that I shelled out $40 bucks to Mongoose for and was all screwed up just like I had to beg for weeks for some replacement parts for the multiple mispacked Noble Armada blisters I bought.

Some people are very rude.
Some people are very tired of shelling out money on stuff that is poorly compiled or packaged and then having to embark on a weeks long campaign for satisfaction. But then I vote with my wallet in the end.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:06 pm

IraShaine1972 wrote: Well I HAVE emailed.
I am very sorry, and I do not doubt you, but we have no record of that - and I have received emails from you before, as you know. However, the new book will be on its way to you this week and will get to you as fast as the postman travels.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Stainless
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Stainless » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm

E-mail can be a capricious thing at times and I have also had e-mails to Mongoose allegedly lost (in fact it's the only place I've ever had lost e-mails). I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wonder if you guys might have an over zealous and fickle spam filter; maybe at your end or maybe at your ISP.
FreeTrav
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby FreeTrav » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Matt, just sorta want to ping you on this - I sent the relevant info on 18 Feb, along with an inquiry on another matter. I got a response to the inquiry on the other matter (thus proving beyond any doubt that you got my email), but as yet, no SotA.
Jeff Zeitlin
Editor, Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Magazine and Resource
Boneguard
Banded Mongoose

Postby Boneguard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 am

I sent a second email because I've been waiting for a month or so and still have not received my replacement copy of SOTA. Is it normal? (I'm in Canada)
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

Boneguard wrote:I sent a second email because I've been waiting for a month or so and still have not received my replacement copy of SOTA. Is it normal? (I'm in Canada)
No, it isn't - sent you a mail about it, and a new book will be on its way to you.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Dunia
Stoat

Postby Dunia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I am just curious how long it will take to get the replacement SOTA book. I sent you a mail on Feb. 19 about it and the following day you answered that a new book would be sent on the 21st - but I have still not got a copy, so I just want to know if it has been sent?

Mirja from Sweden.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

You should certainly have seen it by now - please drop me another line.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
FreeTrav
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby FreeTrav » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Matt, should I drop you another line as well, following up on my original from 18 Feb?
Jeff Zeitlin
Editor, Freelance Traveller
The Electronic Fan-Supported Traveller® Magazine and Resource
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:35 pm

FreeTrav wrote:Matt, should I drop you another line as well, following up on my original from 18 Feb?
If you have been waiting that long, yes - it really should not take more than a couple of weeks or so, no matter where in the world you are (and if you are in the US or UK, it should be lightning fast).
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing