Secrets of the Ancients hardback mising something?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Secrets of the Ancients hardback mising something?

Postby AndrewW » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm

delrom5 wrote:As the Ancients book was playtested prior to layout, where the errors occurred, should the playtest documents instead be distributed as preliminary layouts PDFs so that missing chunks of text can also be detected?

With a sign up programme, couldn't the PDFs then be watermarked, perhaps with the individual playtester e-mails so that leaked PDFs could be traced?
Might take a bit for something like this, having to watermark on an individual basis. Entirely up to Mongoose Publishing though on what they wish to do. (That said, I will say I did happen to get something not yet released in PDF form yesterday)...
atpollard
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby atpollard » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 pm

The Secrets of the Ancients is probably a special case, since it was published as free PDFs and was simply being compiled and printed. Playtesting a "2nd printing" seems odd.
delrom5
Weasel

Postby delrom5 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Fair point about the Ancients text having effectively been playtested through its free PDF stage. Nonetheless, if we consider playtesting to include both game flow (does the material support an entertaining gaming session) and presentation (is the correct content included). Hence for the latter, it is acting as pre-publication QC.
Boneguard
Banded Mongoose

Postby Boneguard » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I see that "Secret of the Ancients" is back and hopefully now complete.

For those of us like me who has a flaws 1st printing copy, how must we proceed to have it replaced for a completed version?
IanBruntlett
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby IanBruntlett » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi,
Boneguard wrote:I see that "Secret of the Ancients" is back and hopefully now complete.

For those of us like me who has a flaws 1st printing copy, how must we proceed to have it replaced for a completed version?
For a replacement copy send an email to msprange@mongoosepublishing.com with an address.

I received my copy on Friday - it must have been sent first class to reach me so quickly. I'm up to my eyeballs with spring cleaning at the moment so I haven't looked too closely at it.

HTH,

Ian
Last edited by IanBruntlett on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- My writings : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett
-- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://accu.org
-- Free Software Page : https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntl ... e-software
Boneguard
Banded Mongoose

Postby Boneguard » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Thank you for the heads up. I'm on it right away.