Traveller Adventures - Best and Worst?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
E.D.Quibell
Stoat

Postby E.D.Quibell » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Agreed, A Cold Dark Grave is one of the best ones.

It's a tornament, one off, adventure though.

Best regards,

Ewan
hirch_duckfinder
Mongoose

Postby hirch_duckfinder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Ah - I thought we were restricted to CT GDW publications. If you include BITS then Spacedogs, Cold Dark Grave, and the forthcoming epic "In Search Of Angels" are absolutely top line.
Also some I like some MJD stuff very much. The linkworlds was probably my favourite campaign.
Ducks found all over.
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Supplement Four » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:16 pm

hirch_duckfinder wrote:Ah - I thought we were restricted to CT GDW publications. If you include BITS then Spacedogs, Cold Dark Grave, and the forthcoming epic "In Search Of Angels" are absolutely top line.
All of the BITS adventures are worth getting. And, they're written using the BITS generic task system that makes them useful no matter which version of the game you're using.
PrinceYyrkoon
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby PrinceYyrkoon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Twilight's Peak, Research Station Gama, Chamax Plague/Horde, Shadows/Annic Nova, Divine Intervention/Night of Conquest, Death Station and Nomads of the World Ocean all get my vote. :)
paltrysum
Weasel

Re: Traveller Adventures - Best and Worst?

Postby paltrysum » Fri May 05, 2017 5:31 pm

I ran the entire "Knightfall" and "Hard Times" campaigns back to back during the MegaTraveller era and we had a great time. The two campaigns fit nicely together. We had no idea at the time that the New Era was coming, so it was a little disappointing to think that all their efforts were in vain. :)

For CT, my favorites are definitely Nomads of the World Ocean and Divine Intervention. I wish I had run Prison Planet, but it always seemed a little too...punitive...to come up with a reason to run it.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
--Inspired by and partially quoted from Marlowe in Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness
mancerbear
Banded Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 am

Not CT, but I'm currently running Tripwire and it's very good.
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Sun May 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Chamax Plague/Horde, The Kinunir and The Prison Planet were my choices when I ran adventures. I used them as foundations for modified adventures. For Chamax it was slight modifications to background features. I gave it the feel of an old time 1950's space monster movie. I used the Kinunir adventure, The Lost Ship as the player crew vs. an insane experimental AI and its robotic minions in the bowels of dark, creepy derelict - scifi horror.

The Prison Planet was modified as a starting adventure for a group of player characters as a way to explain how they came together and how they gain their ship.
paltrysum
Weasel

Postby paltrysum » Sun May 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Reynard wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 2:08 pm
Chamax Plague/Horde, The Kinunir and The Prison Planet were my choices when I ran adventures.
You might have seen that Mongoose revived the Chamax in their "Garden Worlds" supplement. I really have to use those in a future story. Great "world saving" opportunity for a group of travellers who can somehow prevent them from annihilating a planet.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
--Inspired by and partially quoted from Marlowe in Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 am

The garden World writeup for the Chamax is a good revival of the iconic Traveller horror monster.
Condottiere
Chief Mongoose

Postby Condottiere » Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Amber to Red.