Project Steel

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Host of Angels
Stoat

Project Steel

Postby Host of Angels » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Just picked this up and jolly good it is too. I have a couple of questions / requests:

First is there any chance to get larger / colour versions of the various maps for download? Some are either too small to see the detail or very difficult to interpret in black and white - the detailed area map case in point as the small hexes are virtually impossible to see.

Secondly, a question to those that have actually played it through. How did the travellers cope with the second part of the trilogy? The events in this part will run on with or without the characters and I wondered how other GMs managed this - especially with players who shy away from combat.

Cheers and well done for a great product.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Re: Project Steel

Postby MongooseMatt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am

Host of Angels wrote:
First is there any chance to get larger / colour versions of the various maps for download? Some are either too small to see the detail or very difficult to interpret in black and white - the detailed area map case in point as the small hexes are virtually impossible to see.
We'll look into this for you!
Host of Angels wrote: Secondly, a question to those that have actually played it through. How did the travellers cope with the second part of the trilogy? The events in this part will run on with or without the characters and I wondered how other GMs managed this - especially with players who shy away from combat.
Ha! In the office game, Part One ended with a jail break going very wrong (they got arrested for walking through Camp Bravo with VERY heavy weaponry - they thought someone was gunning for them). A lot of prospectors died, and the players ran for the hills, literally, hiding amongst the Sword Worlders for a while.

So, they actually missed the raiders attacks!

They got back on piste with Part Three though.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Host of Angels
Stoat

Postby Host of Angels » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 am

Oh when will players learn....

My group are very much not gun-bunnies, so I am struggling slightly with the middle section. I need to give it an investigative twist somehow. I need to sit down and have a little think on this one.

Thanks for looking into it though
Gamerguy
Stoat

Postby Gamerguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:01 am

8)
You know, the thing I like about a good module is that it plays differently each time you play it through.

This module is one of those, different groups will figure out different ways to play though it - making it fun again and again.

:D
Host of Angels
Stoat

Postby Host of Angels » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 am

Bump. Still in need of better versions of the maps. Tried copying the maps for player handouts, and they are even more difficult to read. May have something to do with my technology. Any chance of a download.... :D
ozchandler
Weasel

Postby ozchandler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 am

along these lines, i've been looking for a pdf version. i've checked the usual suspects (rpgnow, drivethru, and mongoose sites) with no luck :x any chance of it being released as a pdf? that would cure the maps problem as well. FWIW, i buy everything i really like twice, dead tree and pdf and project steel would definantly be worth the additional monies. but then, i've always liked what mjd has written for traveller :wink:
hirch_duckfinder

Postby hirch_duckfinder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 am

Are the old pdf dual statted T20/CT versions no longer available?
ozchandler
Weasel

Postby ozchandler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 am

i searched for project steel specifically with no luck. perhaps it had a variation of the same name??? i'll take a gander at that, thanks for the suggestion :)
hirch_duckfinder

Postby hirch_duckfinder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:23 pm

ozchandler wrote:i searched for project steel specifically with no luck. perhaps it had a variation of the same name??? i'll take a gander at that, thanks for the suggestion :)
Maybe they have been discontinued owing to the new version?
Try searching for the individual adventure names.
ozchandler
Weasel

Postby ozchandler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm

still no luck and i even went thru all my ffe ct pdf's :( oh well, i'll just wait and hope mongoose releases the pdf. thanks again!
daryen
Mongoose

Postby daryen » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:51 pm

hirch_duckfinder wrote:Are the old pdf dual statted T20/CT versions no longer available?
When QLI screwed MJD, the dual statted versions were pulled. He then replaced them with CT versions published through Avenger. However, once Avenger's license with FFE expired, those were pulled, too.

Therefore, the only versions of those adventures currently available are Project Steel. I do not ever see the prior versions being re-released.
hirch_duckfinder

Postby hirch_duckfinder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks Daryen. Well I bought the book and its really good - to get back on topic - it would be good to have downloadable versions of the maps to print.

By the way Daryen , I submitted a patron to Berka's site featuring a certain Mr. Handi

:D